UT Austin immunization requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTfarmer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Mo with info about immunization requirements. I'm suppose to be done with the first 2 steps for hep B shots by now, but I haven't gotten one since I didn't know I had to get one. Supposedly, we got this info during our interview but I do not recall getting any of this.
Oh well... I'm just panicking. I hope I'm not in trouble....

Members don't see this ad.

UTfarmer said:
I just got an email from Mo with info about immunization requirements. I'm suppose to be done with the first 2 steps for hep B shots by now, but I haven't gotten one since I didn't know I had to get one. Supposedly, we got this info during our interview but I do not recall getting any of this.
Oh well... I'm just panicking. I hope I'm not in trouble....

Ask your parents, or check with your doctor to see if you got the Hep shots as a child.

You also need a TB test read between June 1st and Aug 1st. I would at least do the TB asap!!! (Maybe they will let you slide a few weeks... who knows.) You must have the TB test in order to participate in the CARE program which is part of the course PHR 249A/B. We will be taking this course Fall and Spring of P1 year.

Give the admin office a call and try to work it out.

See you at UT!!

Girl_Digital said:
Ask your parents, or check with your doctor to see if you got the Hep shots as a child.

You also need a TB test read between June 1st and Aug 1st. I would at least do the TB asap!!! (Maybe they will let you slide a few weeks... who knows.) You must have the TB test in order to participate in the CARE program which is part of the course PHR 249A/B. We will be taking this course Fall and Spring of P1 year.

Give the admin office a call and try to work it out.

See you at UT!!

Thanks for all your help! I got all my immunizations. The Hep shot will be behind schedule, but Mo said to remind her I am a late-comer if the school gives me a hard time about it. I'll see you in two weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
The other day I received a letter from LECOM stating that my immunization forms were incomplete! They said that I needed a titer for Hepatitis B with numbers, NOT just a simple lab result test stating "immune" or "not immune"! I have called at least 4 hospital labs now, and NONE of them provide an immunization number....NONE! Could somebody please lead me in the right direction? I seriously don't know where to go from here, and I have to get lab documentation with an immunization number in order to matriculate! PLEASE HELP!!!!

I had to get a titer with numbers as well. I called several doctors (most of the time speaking to the receptionist who didn't know the difference between a titer and a hole in the ground) before finally finding one. Clinics and hospitals were no help. I finally found a family practice doc that did the titer for me.

Yea. You are so right about that. Those receptionists are the pits. They are so rude because they don't ever know a damn thing. I will check that out. Thanks for the input.