Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

UT Austin prior pharmacy experience

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by Ranger1, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Ranger1

Ranger1 Just doing my part.

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am new to this forum and am very interested in UT at Austin. How many of you current UT students had pharmacy experience before you applied and how much do you feel it was factored in to the admissions process? Any insight is appreciated. Cheers.

2. mike36

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I had zero pharmacy experience when I was accepted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gg1120

5+ Year Member

When I got accepted, I was a tech for 4 years. This is said a million times, but UT looks for the total package, so just be well rounded and outgoing and you'll do fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PearLBenzene

PearLBenzene Accepted Pharmacy Student
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    i had about 7 months as a technician before starting. its not necessary but its a good way to figure out if pharmacy is REALLY something you could see yourself doing.

5. bigdogc

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    75% do. the 25% that dont have experience have close to 4.0 GPA and 90%+ PCAT scores.