UT-Austin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTDstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN,

I was wondering if there are any current UT-Austin Pharmacy students who can tell me what they did to get in. I really want to go to UT, but i know that its very competitive and hard to get in. Is there anything that made you stand out, so i could maybe do the same!! Anything will help.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It's competitive but that doesn't mean it's impossible to get in! In terms of stats, I think there are lots people did really well, some people didn't manage to do as great, but they were chosen because of a variety of reasons.... maybe experiences, strong extracurricular activities, leaderships....the list can go on 'cuz UT wants to make sure you're a well-rounded person....

I don't think I really stand out from the rest. GPA = 3.95, PCAT = 91, but then again quite a handful people got perfect GPA and 99 PCAT....it all comes down to whether or not you're really passionate about what you're about to step in : pharmacy profession, and if you're able to show that passion to the adcom.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't have the best stats (gpa 3.92, pcat 80, no experience in a pharmacy), but I think what the adcoms really look for is someone who has really researched pharmacy as a profession and really knows what they are getting themselves in for. Being able to show a commitment to caring for patients is key, I think. Like sherlockRX said, there were people that UT turned down this year that had perfect stats. Just make sure you know the direction that pharmacy is heading in and try to communicate to the adcoms why you what to work in that kind of a profession. You can pm me if you have more questions :)