UT Houston Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C-GAR

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a fourth year medical student at UT Houston Med School, with only 2 official days of medical school left, and I would be more than happy to answer anybody's questions regarding housing in Houston. UT Houston Dental School is a great school (they took out all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth for $250 total:D, and nearly all of the students I have met seem pretty happy. The only negative thing anyone can say is how hard it is to get to school with $10 parking! If anyone has any questions about apartments (which are nice, safe, conveinient, etc), or wants advice about condiminium complexes (which are pretty popular among med/dental/pharm students, and just as affordable as apartments while making an investment as well), just PM me and I will gladly respond. I must admit that I have a condo that we put on the market recently (it is on the SDN Classifieds under Houston Med Center Condo), but I will answer any questions about housing that anyone may have. Congratulations on your next step in your professional career, you will really enjoy Houston!

Members don't see this ad.

I have had a few people send me a PM about Housing in Houston, so I thought I would make the info available to everyone.

1) UT Housing is great, but everyone else thinks so as well, so if you don't already have a place lined up there now, you may be out of luck for next school year (I am not saying they have capped and you won't get a spot, but I just would not feel like you should think it is a guarenteed place to live).

2) There are some very close places to live besides UT housing that are right along the UT Shuttle Route. The Park View Apartments (pretty shady place to live), as well as a couple of Condo Complexes. The closest Condo Complexes are Cambridge Glen, Cambridge Court, 2120 El Paseo (a little bit further of a walk), and others that are still relatively close, but not as convenient. Riverwalk does have some nice units, but I would not want to walk that far everyday when there are just as nice places closer, and less expensive.