UT Houston Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted433231

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I interviewed there. Do you have any specific questions about the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most organized interview day of the 3 Texas schools and really laid back. Good luck.

Out of the TX schools, my Houston interview was definitely the most structured/formal than the conversational style of the others. It is only 1 long (up to an hour) interview, so it really is based on who you get paired with. She had a packet and went through each question, writing down some things as I talked. Overall the day was fine and Dr. Pierpont is always great. Have fun!

Was the interviewer a student or a professor? Were there any unusual questions? Did the interview take the entire hour? Thanks!!

The interviewer was a professor. You did have lunch with students but they were not evaluating you. I couldn't tell you exactly how long my interview was but I would say it was 45 mins or so. I wasn't asked any question that I hadn't already seen on the interview feedback section of sdn. Hope that answers your questions. Good Luck!

If I remember correctly from last year, you will arrive around 8am and go to the 5th floor. Turn right out of elevators and the room will on the right (had trouble finding the room for some reason). All the interviewees will be there usually around 8 or 9 I think. Dr. Pierpont (awesome guy) will come in and introduce himself and really talk you up about how awesome you are. Then a lot of faculty will come in and you go "interview" for like 15-20 minutes. It's not even really an interview, more like a conversation and very chill. After that you will tour our AMAZING school, and then sit through a lot of boring meetings with financial aid and what not. After that's all said and done they take you to the pre clinic lab and give you a tooth with a class 1 prep for you to do a wax up.

Just kidding about the last part. Let me know if any of y'all have any questions about UTSD or any of the other inferior schools.