Ut-houston Oms Program??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oms22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the UT-HOUSTON OMS program? ANy advice would be greatly appreciated. (scope, resident life, call schedule, able to cut a lot....)

Members don't see this ad.

I was reading some of their residency reports online and they stated 3 residents quit in last few years. I don't know what this means or if it has any relevance to the program. Maybe it was just bad luck.

oms22 said:
Does anyone have any information on the UT-HOUSTON OMS program? ANy advice would be greatly appreciated. (scope, resident life, call schedule, able to cut a lot....)

I don't like to troll on the dental side, but since this is an OMFS residency question, I will say first it is in Houston... Second, Houston is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the country and it has one residency training program. I heard from an extern here who had been at the program in houston that it was crazy busy, tons of trauma. Sounded like a solid program. Bring this question to the big boys on the residency side and you'll get some resident information about the program. The information on this side will most likely come from those who have externed there (still good information).