UT-Houston Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CenteredDoc

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who are familiar with the Psychiatry Department at UT-Houston, I'm applying as a visitor with the department. I was an anesthesia resident in Louisiana, but moved to Houston a few months ago, and have decided to change career to psychiatry. I'm planning to re-enter the Match next year. In the meantime, I'm looking for more exposure/experience with psychiatry, both in the clinical setting and in research. Based on UT-Houston homepage/application for visitor, I have to contact Magdalena Ramirez (Special Educational Programs Coordinator). I would also need to choose a Faculty Sponsor. For those who are familiar with the faculty at UT-Houston, who should I request as my Faculty Sponsor? Please respond or PM me for any input. Thanks.