UT Houston question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashleyz2022

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I graduated from UT Houston in 2011 as a hygienist. Now I've decided to apply to dental school and am really hoping to get accepted into UT Houston. My DAT AA : 21, TS :23 and PAT 19. My concern is that I now live in California and will be considered OOS. Do you think I still have a chance?
Also, when the status of your app says complete does this mean it's in queue for verification?
Thanks for your help and insight

Members don't see this ad.

You will be considered out of state unless you have lived and worked in Texas for the 12 months prior to October 1st. Texas schools are very hard to get into as OOS.

Your DAT is the average but since you've worked in the field for a long time you have a good chance.

You should still apply to Houston because they do accept a few out of state students. Almost all of these students had some ties with the school or were Texas residents.

There is a separate application if you are planning to apply to Texas schools, TMDSAS. It is similar to the AADSAS, but there are two additional personal statements (what can you offer to the student body and challenges that you had faced). Since Texas application opens earlier, submit your application sometime next month to ensure a pre-December interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should still apply to Houston because they do accept a few out of state students. Almost all of these students had some ties with the school or were Texas residents.

There is a separate application if you are planning to apply to Texas schools, TMDSAS. It is similar to the AADSAS, but there are two additional personal statements (what can you offer to the student body and challenges that you had faced). Since Texas application opens earlier, submit your application sometime next month to ensure a pre-December interview.
Thanks. I thought if I apply with AADSAS TMDSAS is no longer needed. So do I have to send in both? I've already sent AADSAS and recieved an email from UT saying they've recieved my application.

Thanks. I thought if I apply with AADSAS TMDSAS is no longer needed. So do I have to send in both? I've already sent AADSAS and recieved an email from UT saying they've recieved my application.

I am pretty sure you still have to apply through TMDSAS unless they've changed whenever I applied. Then again, I am a Texas resident.