UT Houston/UTMB Peds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjb0403

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about UT Houston or UTMB-Galveston pediatric residency? Like are they very competitive to get, are they DO friendly, what is the actual program like, etc...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked at their online resident rosters to see if there are DOs in the program?

Last edited:
I'm a resident at UT Houston peds. Very DO friendly (COMLEX alone is fine). You have a great exposure to both unique and bread and butter cases with high volume. Very nice attendings and residents, lots of fellowships if you're interested in subspecializing. We cover 3 hospitals (Children's Memorial Hermann, MD Anderson, and LBJ General Hospital). I would highly recommend applying. We take 22 categorical Peds, 3 Pedi Neuro, and 4 Med-Peds interns a year.

I interviewed at UTMB - since Hurricane Ike, their program has shrunken a lot and is not as strong as it used to be. I got a bad feeling from the residents and attendings there. Obviously, it's better to see things for yourself, but that's just my 2 cents.