UT Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banananut

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if UT Houston is switching to categorical or not? Or when they will have a decision? They mentioned switching to categorical on interview day, but their website still says they are an advanced program.

Members don't see this ad.

current PGY-4 here, the program is working on this but hasn't made an announcement. stay tuned to their website and social media channels for more information

Members don't see this ad :)
Rank lists are due in like two weeks. When I was there, I remember someone saying that they will make the announcement in January, but I could have misheard.

What is like the latest they can make an announcement? Because isn't the program code going to change?

For some strange reason approval for ACGME changes occur right before the match.

UTSW Dallas was under the same strain last year. But fortunately for them Terri Isbell is awesome and was all over it. One would think that UTH would have kept the applicants that interviewed with them in the loop. On the day the rankings are due, verify whether or not the categorical code is available.

They just sent out an email, but still not very clear what is going on. Guess we just have to wait and see.