UT Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO 04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's probably old news, but anybody know what happened to their old chair Dr. Katz?

Members don't see this ad.

Skip Intro said:

alright skip, now that you know I know who you really are (evidenced by your annoying PMs coming to a halt)...

hey this kid, just had a honest question. although i'm not thinking of anesthesiology, it seems that even on other forums on this board you seem to shoot down threads.

What is your problem? Like you MANY MANY other students have questions. i mean heck if posting threads (that yes may have been repeated in the past..and the stickies are some what 'aged') was such a crime, why even have a forum. I mean it's inevitable that current MS3's and 2's and 1's will have the same q's but need more recent info.

i mean heck if want to stop ppl from asking and stop them from getting to the residency of their choice, why don we jus shut SDN up and then just have everyone read the stickies or the old posts. i mean hx does repeat itself and ppl are going to ask the same q's....

cheer up old pal :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
DO 04 said:
I know it's probably old news, but anybody know what happened to their old chair Dr. Katz?

Supposedly Dr. Katz took a different position at UT- Houston, I could be wrong, but I think it had something to do with the medical school itself. He is still around, supposedly will still be around the OR's every once in a while, and still says he will help with mock-orals, etc for the residents.

I know the new Chair's name is Dr. Arens (I think that's how you spell it, and I can't remember his first name) I don't know a lot about him, except that he was Chairman at UTMB for MANY years back in the day. Supposedly he is very resident-freindly. I don't know what changes he has made since he has been there or will make , but everyone there seems very excited about him. I only met him for about 2 seconds, enough to shake his hand when I went there for a second look.
Hope that helps....

BUMP
Sorrry, I misread the question, but I changed my reply....I don't know if this helps any more!