UT Knoxville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puppydogtails

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from UTK? I'm starting to get anxious, since interviews are supposed to take place next week and I haven't heard anything from them lately. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Nada - nothing.

i haven't heard anything either. But i thought that they send out interview invitations by March 1st and had the interviews March 20-24th.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's right Hiatus, they don't send out interview notifications until the first week of March. They guy I spoke to said don't worrry if you don't get it until the second week. Doesn't give people much time to book a flight does it?

Don't panic just yet though, the letters will be coming.

Thanks for that info DDoc. I'll stop checking the mail every 12 minutes.

i got an email informing me of a UT interview this morning :)

Was that your specified method of contact on your application? Also, are you in state or out of state?

interview at tennessee. they contacted me via email. i'm out-of-state

Fingers still crossed...

Just got home from work. Invitation for interview at UT. I'm out of state.:)
Interview is on the 15th of this month.

invitation received by email.

Interview on 3/16 2pm :D

I'm out of state...

Interview 3/16, just notified, out of state.

I'm kind of shocked actually! I had pretty much given up when it came.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview notification by email today, out of state student :)

This made my month!!! Mine is on March 16, what about anyone else's?:laugh: :D

Anybody found any hotels near the university? I searched the vet school website and the whole university site and found nothing...

If you go to the teaching hospital section of the website, they almost always have information for clients, including area hotels.

For example, for UT:
http://www.vet.utk.edu/cs/

Thanks Bill!

Interview on 3/13 notified on the 1st.

Is UT conducting interviews all week? I have 2 finals on the 12th and I really need to reschedule my interview?? I left a message with the school on friday, they were gone for the weekend, so I haven't heard back yet.

I am a little confused, because on the UT website it says (and has since applications were due) that they were conducting interviews March 20-24 and everyone on here so far have their interviews the week before that. I still have yet to hear back from them either way and its getting to be short notice. (not to mention I scheduled myself to be out of the country months ago from March 11-18 b/c I thought interviews were the week after)

I am a little confused, because on the UT website it says (and has since applications were due) that they were conducting interviews March 20-24 and everyone on here so far have their interviews the week before that. I still have yet to hear back from them either way and its getting to be short notice. (not to mention I scheduled myself to be out of the country months ago from March 11-18 b/c I thought interviews were the week after)

The info on the website was for 2006, not 2007. I guess last year they had interviews over those days, but this year it's different and they didn't update their webpage.

Hey guys, I'm from Knoxville, so if you have any questions about the city, or general questions about the school, or whatever, feel free to PM me.

Good luck on your interviews!!

Has anyone received rejection letters from UT yet?

Do we know for sure whether the interviews are open or closed file? I read the feedback and it seemed like they clicked open, then wrote closed in the write up.

Last year they were open.. I think they actually had a copy of my app right there with them!

I also have an interview at UT Knoxville this week. Are people going to be posting interview feedback? There wasn't all the much on the interview feedback part for UT.

Belated "good luck" to those who already interviewed..

and good luck to everyone else ! :luck:

Do we know for sure whether the interviews are open or closed file? I read the feedback and it seemed like they clicked open, then wrote closed in the write up.

I just had my interview today and they had my file in front of them, but they are not given any GPAs because they are worried about bias.

Thanks for the info! It really helps to prepare - whether you're giving the "we're clueless" version, or rehashing/elaborating on a story they already have a sense of.

when do we hear back from the invterviews. They send the letters out April 1st to out of state people?

when do we hear back from the invterviews. They send the letters out April 1st to out of state people?

Supposedly all those who interviewed should get a decision before 4/1..

and by before April 1st, I hope they dont mean on March 31st. the wait is killing, i wonder if adcoms like to toy with our fragile emotions. haha, yes! neurotic pre-vets waiting! funny!

ARGH!

Seriously... Any day now! Definitely in mailman stalking mode...

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? :laugh:

My curiosity is killing me!!

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? :laugh:

My curiosity is killing me!!

Not a darn thing. Re-read the papers they gave us on interview day. Seems like they mean to mail the letters by 4/1..so who knows when we will actually hear from them. :eek:

Seriously... This is WAY too dragged out.

Has anyone gotten anything today? I haven't been to my parents house today to check...

Nothing..been checking my email in case they also decided to email us...

With my luck though, I'll be waitlisted..:laugh:

Good luck!

What were y'alls GPA and GRE scores? (if you don't mind me asking.) I am looking at applying here for the 2008 cycle. Also, were any of you TN residents?

What were y'alls GPA and GRE scores? (if you don't mind me asking.) I am looking at applying here for the 2008 cycle. Also, were any of you TN residents?

I am currently waiting for a response as an in-state applicant, but I made it through the to the interview, so hopefully, I'll be helpful. I have a GRE score of 750Q, 630V and 4.5 A. My GPA is on the lower side at 3.37. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

On another note, I called UTK today to get a copy of my application (VMCAS already cleared them) and they sent out the letters yesterday, so be expecting them soon.

out of state applicant. GRE: V590 A720 GPA 3.71

ITS ABOUT TIME! ARGHHGHGHG

Yesterday?! I know things move slower down south but SERIOUSLY!

acceptance letter 4-4 arrived at my house in PA
GPA ~3.9
680 Q, 640V, 4A