UT-Memphis Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waltoncj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am a pre-dental student at Vanderbilt University. I am a senior, and I am applying to dental school after I graduate. I wanted to take a year off before I went to school. I currently have a 3.4 gpa, 3.25 science gpa, and I have not taken the DAT.

I am an Arkansas resident, and I am hoping to get into UT-Memphis dental school. Does anyone know how many slots they give out to Arkansas residents, and what are my chances of getting in there? In addition, what does Memphis look for in particular of an applicant? Is it gpa, dat, shadowing, etc? Also, I have not shadowed a dentist yet, but I plan on doing it. How many hours do you recommend that I do that?

If anyone could give me some advice on what else I should do to make me a better applicant, that would be awesome. Also, what DAT score should I be looking at getting to get into Memphis dental school? Thanks a lot for reading my post. Any info would be greatly appreciated
chris

Members don't see this ad.

waltoncj said:
Hey everyone, I am a pre-dental student at Vanderbilt University. I am a senior, and I am applying to dental school after I graduate. I wanted to take a year off before I went to school. I currently have a 3.4 gpa, 3.25 science gpa, and I have not taken the DAT.

I am an Arkansas resident, and I am hoping to get into UT-Memphis dental school. Does anyone know how many slots they give out to Arkansas residents, and what are my chances of getting in there? In addition, what does Memphis look for in particular of an applicant? Is it gpa, dat, shadowing, etc? Also, I have not shadowed a dentist yet, but I plan on doing it. How many hours do you recommend that I do that?

If anyone could give me some advice on what else I should do to make me a better applicant, that would be awesome. Also, what DAT score should I be looking at getting to get into Memphis dental school? Thanks a lot for reading my post. Any info would be greatly appreciated
chris

Chris,
UT Memphis has very few slots for out of state, I think like 2-4 total. Shadowing is required to the tune of 150 hrs. Call Dr. Coleman in admissions, he is very frank with his advice on what is needed and what isn't. Big resource there...

rmpagnt said:
Chris,
UT Memphis has very few slots for out of state, I think like 2-4 total. Shadowing is required to the tune of 150 hrs. Call Dr. Coleman in admissions, he is very frank with his advice on what is needed and what isn't. Big resource there...

Rmpagnt,
I have heard from my dentist that Ut-memphis has an agreement with the state of arkansas to take a certain amount of applicants from arkansas since we do not have a dental school, and I know it is more than 2-4. 150 hours for shadowing is a lot. Is this a requirement to get in or just a very good thing to get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.