UT Memphis Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTCPharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the details about the UT Memphis satellite program they are supposedly starting next year? I keep hearing rumors of it, but I can't find anything for sure as far as where the satellite campus would be and how long students would be there, etc. Any help is appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

The campus will be in Knoxville, TN, but you would have to go to memphis for your first year. It will be good for people like me who live in the area, but personally I'd like to stay in one spot the whole time instead of moving somewhere and living there for a year and then moving again.

UTCPharm said:
Does anybody know the details about the UT Memphis satellite program they are supposedly starting next year? I keep hearing rumors of it, but I can't find anything for sure as far as where the satellite campus would be and how long students would be there, etc. Any help is appreciated! :)
Yes, you will have to spend your first year in Memphis, but the next three years you can be in Knoxville at the UT Knoxville campus... I live in East TN, so this is was attractive to me also.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought there is another pharmacy school trying to open in East TN. hehe I live in Memphis so this is not a good news for me! I hate relocating. I want my mommie.. heheh jk My parents need help now and then so I hate to leave my family or stray too far from them. Anyway, bk to pharmacy school. So we are going to have 2 choices right? If i can't stay in memphis, I would still want to stay in TN.

Yeah there is a new school opening at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City. It is going to be smaller (I think 60 students) and I think they are focusing on pharmacy in rural communities. I heard they are getting tons of applications, and they may stop taking applications earlier than they planned...but who knows that's just a rumor. Anyhow, if you end up having to relocate, at least Johnson City is supposed to be a nice place to live. :)

UTCPharm said:
Yeah there is a new school opening at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City. It is going to be smaller (I think 60 students) and I think they are focusing on pharmacy in rural communities. I heard they are getting tons of applications, and they may stop taking applications earlier than they planned...but who knows that's just a rumor. Anyhow, if you end up having to relocate, at least Johnson City is supposed to be a nice place to live. :)

I live here and it is a really nice place to live... Very affordable cost of living here compared to more urban areas. I have a house I'll need to rent when I go away to Pharm school this fall 2006, BTW, if anyone needs a nice rental house ;)

I didn't apply to ETSU, but not because I don't think it will be a good place to go... They have a great setup, the school is on a beautiful VA campus, with a VA hospital, the Quillen College of Medicine, the medical school library, and a huge regional hospital all within walking distance. It's also right across the street from the main ETSU campus, with a student body of about 12,000 ...Their med school is also very highly regarded (their main focus is on rural medicine), and highly competitive, and I think they will have a great Pharmacy program once it is up and running. I also heard they have gotten applications in the thousands already.