UT Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clean12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I interviewed early on and subsequently didn't ask all the "pertinent" questions. It seemed that the residents were happy and the program seemed strong? Can anyone comment on the didactics for R2,3 and 4?

What about call past R1? I was told it was all pager call. BUT, I never asked what that entailed, ie., what hospitals were covered (all 4??), how frequent, how much was actually handled by phone versus driving in???Plus, what was the average patient load??

Also, did anyone get a feel for the psychotherapy training? Did this program seem more biological or psychotherapy focused? From what little I saw, it seemed to me to be middle of the road...

Any info or opinions about this program you might have would be really welcomed. I am working on my rank list and could really use some thoughts .
thanks...c12

Members don't see this ad.

I felt that the program was fairly balanced in terms of research vs. clinical focus, psychotherapy vs. biological. The residents I met seemed happy and to be good individuals to work with.

As to your questions, you will probably have better luck emailing Dr. Mohl about call schedule etc and getting in touch with various residents about what their opinion on the didactics are. If you don't have the contact info for any residents that you met while in Dallas, I'm sure the office staff would be happy to get it for you.

I do remember residents complaining that with the program being so spread out in terms of rotation sites that it could be frustrating to have to leave the wards and fight traffic to get to didactics.

thanks for your response. :) I did contact the program but havent heard from the coordinator. I didnt realize that the rotation locations where so spread out after first year.

anyone else have any thoughts about this program???

Ok, I really could use some help!!::confused: Can anyone who interviewed here give their impressions on what they thought? I am mainly interested in finding out about didactics, what they are and is that time protected?? By the way, does anyone know how call is handled in 3rd and 4th year???
Thank you.
c12