UT Southwestern ???

Started by eyehope
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eyehope

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone want to comment on the program at UT Southwestern? I am especially curious about the atmosphere of the program (considering some less than positive comments I have heard on the interview trail). Feel free to send me a private message......


Thanks.
 
Originally posted by eyehope
Does anyone want to comment on the program at UT Southwestern? I am especially curious about the atmosphere of the program (considering some less than positive comments I have heard on the interview trail). Feel free to send me a private message......


Thanks.

I think that UT Southwestern is a strong program, and residents get great surgical experience.

Be ready to be:

1) independent
2) learn to speak Espanol
3) prepare to tackle busy clinic schedules at the County Hospital
 
I really liked this program when I interviewed. The facilities were top top notch (read the thread "how was your interview") All the residents were friendly to each other as far as I could see, the many that I talked to never mentioned any "atmosphere" problems. With 8 residents a year, you are bound to get along with some people more than others.