UT vs UB?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbird2001

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
K guys, I've been offered admission at both UT Austin and SUNY Buffalo...and I'm really struggling with making a decision. Just a little background, I got my bachelors from UToronto in Biology and Bioethics, decided to pursue the Pharm D down here in the States. Now, UB has a joint Pharm D/MBA which really interests me. On the other hand UT Austin is supposedly a better school...but after visiting both campuses they seem relatively the same to me. I went to UB for a semester and really enjoyed my experience there, it's a more secluded setting and quieter, I think.

Assume cost is not an issue.

Any advice that anyone can give would be VERY VERY helpful!!!

Thx in advance!!!

Jason

Members don't see this ad.

Moved to Pre-pharm. School choice questions generally belong in the Pre-pharm area. If you posted in Pharmacy to get the opinion of currently attending PharmD students, don't worry too much, they still visit pre-pharm.

It already sounds like you're leaning towards UB as you've taken a semester there and like it also if you like the pharmD/mba option go for it

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to UB! I don't know why you think UT is a better school. Forget about school ranking. In UB there isn't only MBA/PharmD joint program, but also PhD/PharmD and JD/PharmD. And business school in UB is pretty dang good (with a new business building built like 2 yrs ago). Also UB is building a new pharm building, and will start using it for class of 2010! And if you really look at our faculties' profile, u'll be surprised how great they're!

Could I possibly get answers from people who aren't in either program? OK, that sounds kinda stupid...but I'm really looking for an unbiased opinion here...ie one not based on weather.