UTCVM dress code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kat0303

UTCVM co 2012 WOOOOOOO!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched the forums and couldn't find one, so, what is the dress code at Tennessee(if there is one at all)? I have heard some schools require business casual, but don't enforce it very strictly. So I am wondering what everyone wears to class/lab?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Dean Brace would prefer you wear pants that are not jeans or a skirt with shoes that are not sneakers.

That said, many people wear jeans and sneakers. I usually reserve them for anatomy lab days, though.

In the clinic, you are supposed to dress professionally because clients form their opinion of our hospital by the people they see who are wearing badges.

Make of that what you will. :)

Just to add on what critter said, there is a strictly enforced dress code in clinics: no jeans, nice tops and if you are wearing scrubs outside the OR, then you must have a lab coat over them. People do wear sneakers, especially in the OR, but they are nice looking ones.

Anyway, as far as going to class, you don't need to worry about buying a new wardrobe. Just wear whatever. I can't think of anyone who wears PJs to class (although there are a couple of people who wear yoga pants or jogging suits), but jeans and a sweatshirt are fine.

I would, however, dress up for orientation (except the day you play in the forest). One of those days you get your picture taken for your ID badge that you will wear in clinics and you don't want to look sloppy on that.