UTexas-Austin Neuro

Started by Neurotoxin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Neurotoxin

Neuro is fun.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hiya, I'm new to the forum and and joined because I decided to ask you all about a program I am going to interview at- Univ Texas at Austin. Any info would be great. I've been to Austin before (great city!) and am surprised they did not have a neuro program there before. 😉
 
I interviewed there recently. It is a new program and they are supposedly expanding. They cover a private and county hospitals as well as VA (clinics). I was confused about the call schedule as they seem to take it all from home q3??? Faculty seem nice and cover all areas. From what it looks like they do a great deal of clinic care in all subspecialties. I talked to the residents and they take 3/yr. Austin is a very nice city and is expanding. The downside is that they are new... Otherwise nice program. PM me if you have any questions; I'll do my best!