UTHSCSA Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ryxndek

D4 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Link to last year's thread: UTHSCSA Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂

Link to school website: UT Health-San Antonio School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.58
DAT: 20.8AA, 21.0TS, 20.3PAT
Applied: 1,436
OOS: 556 Applied, 39 Interviewed, 17 Accepted
IS: 849 Applied, 315 Interviewed, 199 Accepted
International: 31 Applied, 0 Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 100
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.77
Science GPA: 3.69
DAT: 21.6AA, 21.3TS, 20.8PAT
Applied: 1,022
OOS: 126 Applied, 15 Accepted
IS: 883 Applied, 191 Accepted
International: 13 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 101
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.22-4.00
Overall: 3.43-4.00

Good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First interview went out today, user wished to remain anonymous
Where are you guys doing the secondary applications? Did u receive an email from them after submitting the TMDSAS one? Or how can I access it? I'm new to applying and submitted my application 8/9. I'm anxious as I dont know what to do next. If I should be waiting or not. Am I supposed to foward my ADA score to the school aswell? Or does it automatically post to the app? I'm also a Texas resident.
 
Where are you guys doing the secondary applications? Did u receive an email from them after submitting the TMDSAS one? Or how can I access it? I'm new to applying and submitted my application 8/9. I'm anxious as I dont know what to do next. If I should be waiting or not. Am I supposed to foward my ADA score to the school aswell? Or does it automatically post to the app? I'm also a Texas resident.
There is no secondary for UTHSCSA.
 
Interview #1
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 8/04
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/03/23
Application complete date: 7/21/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 25/27/24/22, No
Interview date: 08/14
Method of interview: In Person
 
Last edited:
Interview #3
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/23/23
Application complete date: 7/27/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 24/22/20/30, No
Interview date: 09/25
Method of interview: In Person
 
Are Texas schools barely sending out any interview invites, or are people just not updating the threads at all?
Small number of students receive interview invites. Texas schools are also fairly selective. There is also bias on these websites. Some people also don’t like to share for fear of being recognized. Multiple different reasons but I wouldn’t think too much into it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad