UTHSCSA...How did you get in?!?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Cofo, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Cofo

Cofo Super Cool Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    For those of you who did get into this dental school, HOW DID YOU DO IT?

- what was your GPA
    - what was your DAT score?
    - what was the interview like? A piece of cake?
    - what were some of the interview questions?
    - what did you talk about mostly in your interview?

I want to go to UTHSCSA soooooooo badly. I love San Antonio, it is my favorite town. Oh yea...I like the school too...?...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TexDDS

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You can check out my stats at predents.com

The interview stress level was not high. The student interview was cake. Very laid back. My "real" interviewer seemed a bit cold and was at times confrontational about my reasoning for getting a second degree. I just had to relax on the inside and be confident about my decisions while always remaining truthful.

There were no specific questions besides "why dentistry" or "what specialty." I got a lot questions about psychology but that was because of my first degree.

The best thing is to go to San Antonio and tour the school. Do it a couple of times. I actually went 3 separate times and Dr. Thomas knew me by name. Get active in your Pre-Dental Society. The leadership I displayed with mine was a huge plus. Check out the website, find something that interests you about the school and ask questions about it. Show an interest in all things dental.

4. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    My cumulative gpa was 3.86 and science gpa was 3.89 and my DAT AA was a 22.

The interview was easy. It felt less like an interview and more like a casual conversation with a student and professor at the school. The most common question is "Why do you want to be a dentist?" and then things go from there.