uthscsa interview 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zarrina

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have heard that there is gonna be 2 day interview and skills test.
The interview itself is going to be devided into 2 parts. The first is the interview with a faculty member and the second part is the written test. Is the anybody who went through this cycle? I want to know what kind of questions are there and how to prepare for them.
Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,
The interview itself is going to be devided into 2 parts. The first is the interview with a faculty member and the second part is the written test. Is the anybody who went through this cycle? I want to know what kind of questions are there and how to prepare for them.
Thank you in advance!

I was just curious when did you get the invitation for an interview at UTHSCSA? Please reply

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,
Thank you in advance!

Hello, I just got the IV call from UTHSCSA. The interview is arrange at sep 13th and 14th/2018. Anyone wanna share accommodation? And any information about the knowledge test?

Hello. My interview is going to be on the 20 & 21/09/18.
I didn't ask Ms. Brenda about dates/ #of interviewees, she is quite busy now.
About the test is similar part 1 and 2 Qxs.

Hello, I just got the IV call from UTHSCSA. The interview is arrange at sep 13th and 14th/2018. Anyone wanna share accommodation? And any information about the knowledge test?
Congrats! Pls can you share your stats

Well done! Do you get to choose the date or do they establish it for you?
When did you got the call? Do they really let you know 3 weeks prior to the IV?
I got the call like 8/31. Nooo. They just ask me will you come to take the interview for that date. Then I said yes. But the secretary sounds quite nice. I think you can negotiate with them about the date. But 3 week is the maximum I think.

Reactions: 1 user
So all those should be choice questions? I'm worried about the knowledge test cuz I'm busy with my Ph.D thesis and really have no time to go over both NBDE1/2 within several days. Really UTSA gives us too short time to prepare!

Congrats! Pls can you share your stats
I think my advantage may be my comparatively strong research background. I finished 7 year combined program then came to USA to do dental research, have 10+ publications, 1 patent, several projects, and then as most pp do, pass NBDE 1and 2. Toefl 108. That's it. GPA 3.58 rank 1st in class. Currently Ph.D candidate in TAMU COD

So all those should be choice questions? I'm worried about the knowledge test cuz I'm busy with my Ph.D thesis and really have no time to go over both NBDE1/2 within several days. Really UTSA gives us too short time to prepare!
By the way your stats are awesome woshiabby!
Thanks for sharing.
It is indeed strange the test with questions similar to the nbde’s since the website states that there is going to be a pre-interview questionnaire...is this the exam they are referring about?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think my advantage may be my comparatively strong research background. I finished 7 year combined program then came to USA to do dental research, have 10+ publications, 1 patent, several projects, and then as most pp do, pass NBDE 1and 2. Toefl 108. That's it. GPA 3.58 rank 1st in class. Currently Ph.D candidate in TAMU COD
Thanks a lot for your response
Indeed your stats are outstanding

Congrats pls can you share your stats too just trying to figure out what matters most for them
I haven’t heard back from them any update yet

Hi, I am a foreign trained oral surgeon. I have passe nbde 1&2, TOEFL 97, had academic and research experience at my home country. I had shadowing experience and attended CE programs in the United States. I am not a US resident. So, do UTHSCSA invites only US residents? Are they still inviting for interviews and do they send rejection email?

Hello Dips16,
Very busy right now, I will answer all your qxs after 09/23.

Good luck!
QUOTE="dips16, post: 20283475, member: 538181"]Congrats pls can you share your stats too just trying to figure out what matters most for them
I haven’t heard back from them any update yet[/QUOTE]

Hello Dips16,
Very busy right now, I will answer all your qxs after 09/23.

Good luck!
QUOTE="dips16, post: 20283475, member: 538181"]Congrats pls can you share your stats too just trying to figure out what matters most for them
I haven’t heard back from them any update yet
[/QUOTE]
Thank you
Good luck for your interview

Hello, I’ll also have interview at the end of september, does anyone have any information about the skill test? What should we be prepared???

Any news about acceptances at UTHSCSA IDEP?? When will they start sending the letters?? Or they just call instead to deliver the good news??

Yours is quite an impressive profile. Did you hear anything after the interview? How was the experience?

Hi, I am a foreign trained oral surgeon. I have passe nbde 1&2, TOEFL 97, had academic and research experience at my home country. I had shadowing experience and attended CE programs in the United States. I am not a US resident. So, do UTHSCSA invites only US residents? Are they still inviting for interviews and do they send rejection email?
Nothing like US Residents will be invited for an interview or will be accepted to the program. They look at who you are rather than what you know! One of the best schools in the country. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users