General Admissions & OTCAS UTHSCSA Interview 2018- OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXOT19

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I got invited to interview at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio on 12/18 for their OTD program. I was wondering if anyone knew about their interview process or had gone through it before in previous application cycles. I have heard that they ask about relevant topics to the occupational therapy field rather than just the typical interview questions. Please let me know if anyone can help me out! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

I got invited to interview at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio on 12/18 for their OTD program. I was wondering if anyone knew about their interview process or had gone through it before in previous application cycles. I have heard that they ask about relevant topics to the occupational therapy field rather than just the typical interview questions. Please let me know if anyone can help me out! Thanks!

Congrats! I'm waiting to hear back from them. When did you submit your application?
I'm out of state so I don't know if Im hopefully going to be in the first round of interviews or Jan interviews. Nervous!

Hi!

I have heard they have a writing prompt, but that the interview part is very relaxed. Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I'm waiting to hear back from them. When did you submit your application?
I'm out of state so I don't know if Im hopefully going to be in the first round of interviews or Jan interviews. Nervous!
applied on August 15th & got verified on the 21st!

Anyone else received word on second round of interviews?

Hi!

Congratulations! I also got invited to interview that day! I have a friend who's in the OTD program right now and said there will be a group interview, group activity, and a writing piece. Best of luck to you!

Congratulations! I also got invited to interview that day! I have a friend who's in the OTD program right now and said there will be a group interview, group activity, and a writing piece. Best of luck to you!
Do you know how many students are in the OTD program with your friend?

I also have an interview 12/18! Was wondering if anyone had more insight on what the group acitivity/interview entailes. As well as what the writing prompt is?

Thanks! Best of luck to you all!

Good luck to those of you interviewing tomorrow! Please come back and let us know how it goes!!

Reactions: 1 users
Soooooo.....how was it? Stressfull, not stressful, how many questions, etc???????

Also, how does everyone feel they did?

Soooooo.....how was it? Stressfull, not stressful, how many questions, etc???????

Also, how does everyone feel they did?

It was pretty laid back overall. They split you up into groups to do a group interview and they give you 3 questions. They also do a group activity where current students observe you and finish with a writing prompt.

It was pretty laid back overall. They split you up into groups to do a group interview and they give you 3 questions. They also do a group activity where current students observe you and finish with a writing prompt.

So you only have a group interview? what about an individual interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those that already interviewed, did they say how many people they were interviewing this year and when to expect to hear back from them?