UTHSCSA Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChewyDrop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that are already D students, why did you choose UTHSCSA out of the three texas schools?

Members don't see this ad.

A&M> Houston>SA

I did not choose SA but just fyi if you get all 3 interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
A&M> Houston>SA

:rofl::rofl: I know that's the order for this forum but this forum isn't any where representative of the whole.

What you meant to say is a&m = houston = SA.

Pick the school in the city you want to live in. They all three have good and bad things about them.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
:rofl::rofl: I know that's the order for this forum but this forum isn't any where representative of the whole.

What you meant to say is a&m = houston = SA.

Pick the school in the city you want to live in. They all three have good and bad things about them.
:nod:

A&M> Houston>SA

Honestly I always thought it was A&M>SA>Houston but maybe I'm just salty I didn't get into Houston :laugh:

On a real note I chose A&M over SA because I like the city of Dallas more (and have family here). By the time you get in (assuming you're a pre-dent) you will be doing all your clinical work in the new building so both will have new facilities, but honestly if you choose a school because of their new shiny building that's dumb.

If you want to know more message me!

Choose a city you want to stay in and go there assuming you get all 3.

From interview day I ranked them Houston = A&M > San Antonio.

I chose A&M because of family and Dallas, but honestly there is nothing wrong with any of the schools. Plus I never even go back home so just choose the city you enjoy the most.

Honestly I always thought it was A&M>SA>Houston but maybe I'm just salty I didn't get into Houston :laugh:

On a real note I chose A&M over SA because I like the city of Dallas more (and have family here). By the time you get in (assuming you're a pre-dent) you will be doing all your clinical work in the new building so both will have new facilities, but honestly if you choose a school because of their new shiny building that's dumb.

If you want to know more message me!
Haven't got a interview from Houston nor A&M very much sad.

is UTHSCSA really good at something and thats why they were ranked #1 (whenever that ranking thing was still a thing?)

is UTHSCSA really good at something and thats why they were ranked #1 (whenever that ranking thing was still a thing?)
In its heyday, it was state of the art facility where from day one a student had his/her designated space both in md labs and the jr and sr clinic. There was no need to pack the requisite instruments into tackle boxes.