-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Uthscsa unthsc
Started by rltruong
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I was wondering the same thing about UNT. Which school are you referring to about the 35 invitations being sent out?
Sorry! It is for UNTHSCSA!!!
BLEH! I mean UTHSCSA!!! Geez!
Okay so the 35 invitations were for San Antonio? Thanks for the heads up! So has anyone heard from UNT?
Okay so the 35 invitations were for San Antonio? Thanks for the heads up! So has anyone heard from UNT?
Yes they were for San Antonio....and my letter said they only sent out 32 but they would interview 70 more in January. They said they will send those interview letters out by December 10th.
I still haven't heard anything from UNT!

I didn't receive an email from San Antonio but applied early decision...I guess i'm in the regular admission?
You never know. maybe you are one of the lucky 32 and you will get a call or letter today
Is this for Texas Tech or UNT?
texas tech has already started interviewing. I didnt apply for early decision and i have received information about an interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah it's for San Antonio. UNT is calling ppl for invitations but they don't send out any other letters till feb for those they don't plan on interviewing at all. They will have 2 sets of interviews as well.
When you say UNT is "calling ppl for invitations" does this mean they contact you by phone or is it through email ? Also have you already been contacted by them for an interview ?
When you say UNT is "calling ppl for invitations" does this mean they contact you by phone or is it through email ? Also have you already been contacted by them for an interview ?
When i called last week they told me that ppl will be contacted by phone. i havent heard anything but i know last year ppl were contacted at the end of oct
Got the call yesterday for an interview at UNT!
Congrats Sasky!!! When is your interview!!?
just wanted to check if anyone has heard from regular admissions to UTHSCSA or UNT. i know they have both have one set of interviews in nov. UTHSCSA said they would send out something by dec 10, which is only a few days away, but just wanna follow up if anyone has heard?
I interviewed with UNT on November 9th. They have told us we would hear something by December 20th. They will be doing another set of interviews in Feb/March. I suspect you would hear something by mid-Feb if offered an interview.
Sorry, I did not apply to UTHSCSA, but good luck!
Sorry, I did not apply to UTHSCSA, but good luck!
Just got my acceptance phone call from UNT!
Hey Sasky if you dont mind could you share your stats, I plan on applying there next cycle
Sorry for the delay, I have been traveling for the holidays...here are my stats:
A.Sc. in Biotechnology
B.Sc. in Molecular Biology and minor in Neurobiology
Working full-time in a molecular pathology lab while finishing B.Sc.
Overall GPA ~3.65, but is a little lower for UNT because they don't count foreign transcripts, I think for UNT it ends up being like 3.55 or something (sorry, my data is at home).
I have a total of 206 observation hours:
100 inpatient
26 peds
40 ortho outpatient
40 ortho/neuro outpatient
I had heard from another school that the fact I was working full-time while finishing my degree would be points against me, but UNT seemed to be okay with it. They seemed to have more non-traditional students (a little older, or second-career, or married, one had children, etc.) than the other school I interviewed at.
A.Sc. in Biotechnology
B.Sc. in Molecular Biology and minor in Neurobiology
Working full-time in a molecular pathology lab while finishing B.Sc.
Overall GPA ~3.65, but is a little lower for UNT because they don't count foreign transcripts, I think for UNT it ends up being like 3.55 or something (sorry, my data is at home).
I have a total of 206 observation hours:
100 inpatient
26 peds
40 ortho outpatient
40 ortho/neuro outpatient
I had heard from another school that the fact I was working full-time while finishing my degree would be points against me, but UNT seemed to be okay with it. They seemed to have more non-traditional students (a little older, or second-career, or married, one had children, etc.) than the other school I interviewed at.
Thanks for posting your stats! I find it interesting that some schools would hold that against you. In my opinion, it should be viewed more favorable because you were able to find some sort of balance while achieving a solid GPA. Congrats on your acceptance and happy holidays!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jlfath, thank-you!
Regarding the work experience, I thought so as well! They told me that it was because they are concerned that I could not keep up with a full course-load. I made it clear in my personal statement that my first degree (in which just about every class had a lab) was done full-time, while working part-time and volunteering in the community, and I still graduated with a very high GPA from that school.
Regarding the work experience, I thought so as well! They told me that it was because they are concerned that I could not keep up with a full course-load. I made it clear in my personal statement that my first degree (in which just about every class had a lab) was done full-time, while working part-time and volunteering in the community, and I still graduated with a very high GPA from that school.
Does anyone have any thoughts on UNTHSC? I recently got the phone call about a spot in the class of 2016. I thought the campus and faculty were outstanding on the interview day. The only issue that concerns me is the unknown about their accreditation status. The program is up for accreditation before May when their first class graduates. It is hard to decide what to do because I felt comfortable there, but I would prefer to go to an accredited program for obvious reasons. What do y'all think??
Hey guys! Anyone going to the uthscsa regular admissions interview on january 3?
When I interviewed in November they said their next set of interviews will be in the beginning of March. They only contacted me two weeks before the interview date, so you will probably hear around mid-Feb if you have an interview. Or you could just email for an update! They are usually quick to reply! Good luck!