Uthscsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmado

PharmaDo
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at UTHSCSA as a possible #1 choice for the upcoming match. On interview day everyone seemed extremely friendly and open. The program seemed solid, but I can't seem to get a grasp on how happy the residents are and what sort of reputation the program has. They stated that their board pass rate was >95% on both oral and written boards, so they must be doing something right. Can anyone comment on the hours, the happiness of the residents and the reputation of the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Can't compare to other programs, but I rotated through last semester as a medstudent and resident morale seemed really high.

Avg CA1 Schedule: 6am room setup, 630 didactics, out by 3PM half of the time or more, maybe 4-6 on other days, but $50/hour for staying late, Q4 overnight call with post-call day off. Plenty of breaks throughout the day.

Can't compare to other programs, but I rotated through last semester as a medstudent and resident morale seemed really high.

Avg CA1 Schedule: 6am room setup, 630 didactics, out by 3PM half of the time or more, maybe 4-6 on other days, but $50/hour for staying late, Q4 overnight call with post-call day off. Plenty of breaks throughout the day.

For all of CA-1 year?

Yes. 7-8 calls/month when in or. Goes down to 4 as ca2 but with 3-4 backup calls as well per month.

Overall I have been happy with my training.

UTHSCSA CA3