UTK Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CurrySpice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't find them on the official website listing all the other colleges' prerequisites or on UTK's official website.

Members don't see this ad.

They just revamped their website, so its kind of confusing. Here's their link:
http://www.vet.utk.edu/admissions/procedure.php

You can find most information by going to www.vet.utk.edu and clicking on prospective student (a button on the left side of the screen) and then clicking on admissions (again on the left side).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hijacking this thread because it vaguely has to do with my question. UTK has "cellular biology" as one of their course requirements. What courses would qualify for this? I though microbio would, but I looked at their supplemental form and saw that it says NOT MICROBIOLOGY right underneath cellular biology. Strange that it doesn't say that in the course requirement chart on the admissions procedure page.
Another thing, they list their Biochemistry requirement as 4 credits, but the class my school offers is only 3. Will this be a problem?

Hijacking this thread because it vaguely has to do with my question. UTK has "cellular biology" as one of their course requirements. What courses would qualify for this? I though microbio would, but I looked at their supplemental form and saw that it says NOT MICROBIOLOGY right underneath cellular biology. Strange that it doesn't say that in the course requirement chart on the admissions procedure page.
Another thing, they list their Biochemistry requirement as 4 credits, but the class my school offers is only 3. Will this be a problem?

Call and ask. Pretty sure you'll have to find a way to get at least one more biochem credit.

Cellular biology should cover cell structure ans basic cellular function. Usually your inteo level bio class is what covers that.

Call and ask. Pretty sure you'll have to find a way to get at least one more biochem credit.

Joy :rolleyes: Especially since the list says "Biochemistry, exclusive of laboratory" so I'm not sure how I'm going to get that extra credit.

Cellular biology should cover cell structure ans basic cellular function. Usually your inteo level bio class is what covers that.

From the website it seems like they want an additional cellular biology class outside of intro bio. Which is fine, I figured out my school offers a Cellular Biology course anyway.

Thanks to both of you for your help! :)

Joy :rolleyes: Especially since the list says "Biochemistry, exclusive of laboratory" so I'm not sure how I'm going to get that extra credit.

Thanks to both of you for your help! :)

Call or email to see what they have to say about the 3 credit course. They may take it.

I am dropping UTK from my list because I would have to retake Biochem to have it count (I took my original course back in 2005). Checked with them and they will not let me petition it :mad:

The biochem class offered at my school was a 3 credit hour lecture with a required 1 credit hour lab and it counted for the pre-req. But I would call and make sure. Also, the cellular biology may be listed as cell and molecular bio, that's how it was at my school.

Being at UTK for undergrad, our second general biology course is Bio 140-Cellular Biology. So I'm listing Bio 140 as cellular biology and counting 8 additional bio hours as my general biology. If you are from a different school WildZoo, one of your lower level biology classes should have been cellular.