Utk?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isitAprilyet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone waiting on UTK know when they will notify us? I interviewed on the 13th and was told "no later than April 1" ...any chance it will be sooner?

Members don't see this ad.

Those of you who interviewed, what did you think of UTK? Overall, the school left a positive impression on me. However, I just wanted to hear what everyone else thought in case there was something I overlooked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you who interviewed, what did you think of UTK? Overall, the school left a positive impression on me. However, I just wanted to hear what everyone else thought in case there was something I overlooked.

I really liked UTK. Although there were some problems with construction, most of the facilities were up to date. And they have some pretty nice things other schools don't have (mostly for rehab). They have a lot of room and seem to keep expanding. Not to mention that they have a lot of associations with other facilities like the zoo and the tiger haven.

I was also very impressed by the friendliness of all the faculty/staff and students. I certainly wasn't expecting that after dealing with many admissions people at other schools. Everytime I dealt with Deborah Shepherd, she was more than nice and offered more help if I needed it.

Tsuki, what were the things that impressed you most and least? I'm also very curious to know what other people think. Are you OOS or IS?

besides the unappealing construction and the somewhat dismal 1st year lecture room, i thought utk was pretty sweet! i loved the fact that the zoo is "a stones throw away" and that as a student you'd definitely get the chance to work with some exotics. tres bien!! also, like previously stated, the faculty/admin were super helpful and warm...perhaps its the whole southern hospitality thing? hopefully they give us some sort of news sooner than later... waiting = blah!

besides the unappealing construction and the somewhat dismal 1st year lecture room, i thought utk was pretty sweet! i loved the fact that the zoo is "a stones throw away" and that as a student you'd definitely get the chance to work with some exotics. tres bien!! also, like previously stated, the faculty/admin were super helpful and warm...perhaps its the whole southern hospitality thing? hopefully they give us some sort of news sooner than later... waiting = blah!

I dont know that it's southern hospitality, I had some problems with UGA. But I definitely agree, waiting does equal blah. I can't wait to hear one way or the other

I really liked UTK. Although there were some problems with construction, most of the facilities were up to date. And they have some pretty nice things other schools don't have (mostly for rehab). They have a lot of room and seem to keep expanding. Not to mention that they have a lot of associations with other facilities like the zoo and the tiger haven.

I was also very impressed by the friendliness of all the faculty/staff and students. I certainly wasn't expecting that after dealing with many admissions people at other schools. Everytime I dealt with Deborah Shepherd, she was more than nice and offered more help if I needed it.

Tsuki, what were the things that impressed you most and least? I'm also very curious to know what other people think. Are you OOS or IS?

I liked the same things you did, dyachei. To me, UTK seemed to incorporate all the good things I liked from other schools I interviewed at. Some other stuff I liked: Out of all my possible options, TN is the closest to NY. I met someone that drove down from the tri-state area to Knoxville in just 9 hours. The slightly warmer temperature is a perk too.
There wasn't anything I didn't like. I mean, the 1st year lecture room seemed a bit cramped and uncomfortable, but that's petty. In grammar school I sat at desks way more uncomfortable and for longer periods of time..but I suppose I also have a slight advantage because I'm small. If necessary though, I'll just bring a butt pillow to class :)

I'm out of state (NY).. and I was wondering about the ease of obtaining TN state residency. Dr. Brace did mention something about it during the info session, but was a bit vague, probably on purpose. I'll wait until after I get my decision letter though ;)