UTMB Austin New Neuro Program

Started by DeanWormer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DeanWormer

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone familiar with this prgram..it got ACGME approved 7-1-2006. Austin Tx run via UTMB Galveston
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called a 'Deb' at Univ of Texas Med Branch Hosps (see FRIEDA). She actually called me back and said she would find out info in a day or so...will keep you posted.
Cheers!
 
I didnt know austin had a neurology residency..the program website doesnt mention anything about it...
 
mercury1980 said:
I didnt know austin had a neurology residency..the program website doesnt mention anything about it...


That's because it doesn't exist yet. It just got approved. The first class of residents starts in July.

I am doing a sub-I right now (medicine but I see the neuro team all the time). It's a very busy neuro service. They have some very good faculty. It's a primary stroke center and they have a new "brain and spine center" with all sorts of fun neuroimaging toys.

That's all I know for now...
 
sophiejane said:
That's because it doesn't exist yet. It just got approved. The first class of residents starts in July.

I am doing a sub-I right now (medicine but I see the neuro team all the time). It's a very busy neuro service. They have some very good faculty. It's a primary stroke center and they have a new "brain and spine center" with all sorts of fun neuroimaging toys.

That's all I know for now...



Do you have any contact info (including phone) to setup?
Thanks for your help.
 
are there any other new programs for 2007 neurology match,i would love to know.....🙂
 
I'm a 4th year medical student at UTMB-Austin campus. Dr. Daryl Camp is the neurology director. My fiance did a clerkship with him and said he was very nice. I just received an email from Dr. Ashizawa, the chairman at the UTMB-Galveston campus who told me there is a position open for January 2007. Call Brackenridge hospital and just ask the operator to connect you to Dr. Camp's office line. Hope this helps...