UTMB-Galveston will be interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catdog

Anesthesia resident
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all interested fourth year medical students:

The Department of Anesthesiology at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is planning on a full interview season with a projected start date of November 15, 2008. We plan on offering a full complement of resident positions. Hurricane Ike hit the university and city hard but not as hard as first feared. The university and city have made great strides already and continue to make steady progress with intent of the university gradually resuming all clinical activities.

Members don't see this ad.

Excellent news!!! :thumbup:

UTMB should have been moved to Austin years ago.

The area wasn't that great before the 'cane, and now?

I think applicants should look elsewhere nationwide, and elsewhere in Texas. I'd rather be in Lubbock than Galveston!

Members don't see this ad :)
Its great to hear that things are up and running again. By chance, do you happen to know if any positions for Ca-1 starting in 2009 will be available as well? I'm doing prelim in California and am from Houston. I would love the opportunity to train back home. Thanks.

Yup, I know first hand that they do. I thought about moving back to Texas for family reasons too but changed my mind especially after this hurricane. Anyway they save 3-4 spots every year for new CA1's. Go to the website and download an application.

That's fantastic! Thank you very much for the information.