UTMB interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dptwannabee1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an invitation to interview at UTMB on September 9th. Can someone give me any idea about the way the interview process is there. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

No I did not. I was offered the choice of three interview dates with the first one being Sept 9th. I would really like to hear from anyone familiar with their interview process. They are not my first choice program. I also applied to Angelo State, TWU, UNTHSC, UTSW, Duke, Emory, Deleware. I was surprised to hear back this early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aww okie, that's awesome! I applied to Angelo state, TWU and UNTHSC as well. E-submitted 2 days ago so still waiting on my PTCAS app to be verified. It's great that you heard early and it's exciting!

Can't help you for interview tips sorry, but if you check out old threads, I think you can find something. Best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an invitation to interview at UTMB on September 9th. Can someone give me any idea about the way the interview process is there. Thank you.
I did a phone interview with them last cycle. They ask typical questions about direct access and the apta. She asked about my strengths and who has had the biggest influence on me throughout the process of getting into pt school. At the end of the interview, they'll ask you if you have any questions for them so be sure to prepare some good things to ask them! I think this is where I really stood out in my interview. It was only supposed to last 20 minutes but we ended up speaking for almost an hour and a half because of the questions I had ready. She said she was really impressed by them. Just relax and be yourself! They want to see your passion for the field and what you bring to the table as a student.

Does anyone else have advice about how the interview went?

UTMB has rolling admissions which is why you likely heard early.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I interviewed and was accepted last year! The interview was short - everyone got 10-15 minutes with a professor. The questions were pretty basic (greatest strength, weakness, hardest class in undergrad, etc.). I interviewed in November and was offered a spot in late January.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No I did not. I was offered the choice of three interview dates with the first one being Sept 9th. I would really like to hear from anyone familiar with their interview process. They are not my first choice program. I also applied to Angelo State, TWU, UNTHSC, UTSW, Duke, Emory, Deleware. I was surprised to hear back this early.

That's great to hear! May I ask when you applied and what GPA/GRE score you had?