UToledo MSBS 2026-2027

Started by yaya:P
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yaya:P

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I haven’t seen a thread yet for the 2026-27 cycle for UToledo’s SMP so thought I'd make one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What all have you heard? If you don’t mind sharing
Hi, I’m a current medical student at UT who went through the MSBS program. Many of the people you’ll see speaking ill about the program were rejected. Either because of poor stats and/or an unreasonable expectation that doing the program would guarantee acceptance despite having MCAT scores in the 490s and low GPAs in undergrad. Based on who’s gotten in the last two years, I’d say if you do have an MCAT below 505 and/or a GPA below 3.0, you should consider other options. Whether that’s a different program or a different path entirely.
 
Last edited:
Hi, I’m a current medical student at UT who went through the MSBS program. Many of the people you’ll see speaking ill about the program were rejected. Either because of poor stats and/or an unreasonable expectation that doing the program would guarantee acceptance despite having MCAT scores in the 490s and low GPAs in undergrad. Based on who’s gotten in the last two years, I’d say if you do have an MCAT below 505 and/or a GPA below 3.0, you should consider other options. Whether that’s a different program or a different path entirely.
Hi! I have a 3.14 sGPA, a 3.34 cGPA, and I took the mcat 3 times with a 504, 498 (last year) and this year I got a 507. If i did the MSBS program, and did very very well, do you think I have a shot at acceptance in the spring of the program? I know you aren't an admissions committee but would love some feedback since Im debating other SMPs and would only go if I knew I had a strong shot at matriculating to UT. I have got research hours etc and just about 150 hours at a homeless shelter but would be working on getting this up more throughout the year etc.
 
What all have you heard? If you don’t mind sharing
There's a reason why the class size dropped dramatically from 2021 (50 + kids) til now with only 15 kids in this yrs program. For the 2025-2026 cohort only 4 out of 20 ppl got accepted. Even if you get a 4.0 or a MCAT score above a 500 or both of those things, you are still not guaranteed an acceptance. They will only interview you out of courtesy. And they will also only waitlist you out of courtesy and not actually reject you and decisions come out. If you are planning to do this program, don't. And if you are already in the program, I suggest you drop out immediately and see if you can get your money back pro-rated or giving loans back and doing a DIY postbac yourself or save the money and retake the MCAT. The program is just another way for the university to make more money, most of the professors don't put in any additional effort into their slides this is just a side hustle for them and they can care less if you get in or not, they just clock in and clock out. They also thought it would be smart to get rid of the msbs mentorship program during the 2025-2026 cohort so that the new stuednts wouldn't get intel from the previous classes bc they want to leave you in the dark. So you would be truly on your own with no msbs mentors to help you. Truly Truly think this program is a waste of your time, money and a shame on the university. GV and Easterly will not help you bc they don't know how and they don't care to and will not advocate for you bc they want to keep their jobs. lmk if you have any other questions.