UTSD-Houston Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ryxndek

D4 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Link to last year's thread: UTSD-Houston Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂

Link to school website: UT Health-Houston School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.73
DAT: 22.3AA, 21.9TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 1,438
OOS: 569 Applied, 27 Interviewed, 15 Accepted
IS: 844 Applied, 248 Interviewed, 144 Accepted
International: 25 Applied, 0 Interviewed, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 104
OOS Students Enrolled:
CA‑1, MI‑1, OR‑1, UT‑4, VA‑1
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.83
Science GPA: 3.80
DAT: 22.0AA, 21.8TS, 21.0PAT
Applied: 1,011
OOS: 121 Applied, 15 Accepted
IS: 879 Applied, 182 Accepted
International: 11 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 106
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.29-4.00
Overall: 3.43-4.00
OOS Students Enrolled:
FL-1, OK-1, OR-1, UT-3, WA-1

Class of 2028 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.88
Science GPA: 3.84
DAT: 22.6AA, 22.2TS, 20.9PAT
Applied: 1,656
OOS: 703 Applied, 10 Accepted
IS: 923 Applied, 143 Accepted
International: 30 Applied, 0 Accepted
# Enrolled: 106
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.53-4.00
Overall: 3.63-4.00
OOS Students Enrolled:
LA-2, CA-1, SC-1, TN-1

Good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
I received an interview from UT Houston yesterday. They currently only had three interview dates - 8/27, 9/3, and 9/10. The method of interview is in-person. Also want to mention that in my email, they say, "This invitation is for an 'in-person' interview at our school." I am a Texas resident, so based on these two things, I believe they would also have the option for virtual interviews for OOS applicants
 
Last edited:
I received an interview from UT Houston yesterday. They currently only had three interview dates - 8/27, 9/3, and 9/10. The method of interview is in-person. Also want to mention that in my email, they say, "This invitation is for an 'in-person' interview at our school." I am a Texas resident, so based on these two things, I believe they would also have the option for virtual interviews for OOS applicants
OMG!!! Congrats!!! When did you applied?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey just a heads up to new applicants -- UTSD just changed their attendance policy, and the students' lifestyle has gotten a bit more challenging to manage. I recommend asking them about it during your interview, so they can explain it to you clearly. If you're not the kind of person who learns well sitting in a lecture hall/classroom, be aware you are still required to be present at pretty much every session (you get 4 personal/sick days per semester, where you still need to make up any labs, quizzes, or exams).
 
I received an interview from UT Houston yesterday. They currently only had three interview dates - 8/27, 9/3, and 9/10. The method of interview is in-person. Also want to mention that in my email, they say, "This invitation is for an 'in-person' interview at our school." I am a Texas resident, so based on these two things, I believe they would also have the option for virtual interviews for OOS applicants
When did you apply?
 
Interview #1
Notification Date: 09/30
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
GPA: 4.0 cGPA, 4.0 sGPA
DAT: 22AA, 24 TS, 18PAT, 17 RC, nothing below 17
Method of interview: In person
 
Last edited:
Hello!

Congratulations to everyone who has been admitted and to those who are still in the interview process! I am one of the Class of 2028 officers and wanted to provide the official link to the Class of 2029 Facebook Group: UTSD Class of 2029
To join, you'll be asked to DM a screenshot of your acceptance to an officer to be approved into the Facebook Group (details are in the group description).

Thanks and Congrats!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

Congratulations to everyone who has been admitted and to those who are still in the interview process! I am one of the Class of 2028 officers and wanted to provide the official link to the Class of 2029 Facebook Group: UTSD Class of 2029
To join, you'll be asked to DM a screenshot of your acceptance to an officer to be approved into the Facebook Group (details are in the group description).

Thanks and Congrats!
Do you know if this school does a second round of interviews between January and March?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted today! Interviewed on January 31, 2025 and sent a letter of intent on March 31st!

Submitted application late August
Interview Notification Date: 1/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
GPA: 3.75 cGPA, 3.67 sGPA
DAT: 21 AA, 19 TS, 23 PAT, 23 RC, nothing below 18
Method of interview: In person
 
Just got accepted today! Interviewed on January 31, 2025 and sent a letter of intent on March 31st!

Submitted application late August
Interview Notification Date: 1/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
GPA: 3.75 cGPA, 3.67 sGPA
DAT: 21 AA, 19 TS, 23 PAT, 23 RC, nothing below 18
Method of interview: In person
Congrats ☺️
Do you know if the class is full?
 
Congrats ☺️
Do you know if the class is full?
Thank you!
I'm not sure, but I'm assuming it's not since I think people with multiple acceptances have until April 15th to decide and I know a few people who got waitlisted at UTSD recently.
Best of luck!
 
Last edited: