UTSW IM residency starting in June

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TXIM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else out there starting internship this June at UTSW? Any residents out there? Any words of advice, things you wish you would have known before starting internship, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I know it will be tough, but I'll manage. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I will also be starting my internal medicine internship at UTSW. I am also nervous, but also excited! Have you gotten a place to stay yet? Any upper level residents at UTSW out here?

I'm not IM, but I've been a resident at UTSW for 5 years. If you're single, there are tons of residents that live at "Jefferson at North End"and "Jefferson at University" apartments. If you want a house, it's more affordable to live in Farmers Branch, Flower Mound, Addison, Irving.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current PGY-2 in Medicine at UTSW. I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys might have. When you say that you start in June, I'm assuming you mean orientation starts in June. As far as I know, you guys won't have any clinical duties until July 1. That's the way it was for my class. We had three days of orientation, then had a few days off before we started on July 1.