UVA Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meetchy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just found out that I was placed on the alternate list at UVA. I'm wondering, is it worth sending a LOI to them? How many people do they usually take from the alternate list? When will they look at my application again?
Thanks in advanced.

Members don't see this ad.

So I just found out that I was placed on the alternate list at UVA. I'm wondering, is it worth sending a LOI to them? How many people do they usually take from the alternate list? When will they look at my application again?
Thanks in advanced.

Umm, I am guessing that they probably think you will go to WUSTL, Penn or UW instead... WoW!:eek:

Funky is right...wow!

Write a letter of interest if you like the school! I don't remember what they said about the alternate list, but I assume it's not impossible to get off the waitlist. Call them on Monday to find out. With stats like yours, I'm sure you're going to end up in a great med school!

Thanks for the sympathy guys, but I don't necessarily consider myself a shoo in anywhere. I'm just wondering if UVA's "alternate list" is any different than a regular "wait list." Do any of you know if they take students off of their "alternate list" prior to May? Am I going to be waiting for 7 months to hear anything (if anything) from them?