UVA postbacc program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NY Musicologist

Career Changer
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for a new postbacc program. Anyone in the process of applying? Anyone have hesitations about enrolling in the very first class?? Anyone out there who has completed an INFORMAL postbacc-type curriculum at UVA who might be able to offer feedback about the possible benefits/drawbacks of the new FORMAL program? Just curious--the university certainly has a good reputation, and I'd be very interested in this new offering...

Members don't see this ad.

I actually just got accepted to the UVA program. I also got into UPenn's program. I love the idea of UVA because its a beautiful town and only 3.5 hours from my hometown...however, I am a little bit skeptical of it being the first year. I probably will go to Penn if it comes down to UVA or Penn just because Penn is older, more established, and has a 95% acceptance rate into med schools and several linkage programs. But UVA is a great school in itself, and I don't think it would be a bad option...that's why I applied! But I probably won't go...that's my 2 cents. Good luck!