UVA postbacc program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NY Musicologist

Career Changer
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just noticed that the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for a new postbacc program. Anyone in the process of applying? Anyone have hesitations about enrolling in the very first class?? Anyone out there who has completed an INFORMAL postbacc-type curriculum at UVA who might be able to offer feedback about the possible benefits/drawbacks of the new FORMAL program? Just curious--the university certainly has a good reputation, and I'd be very interested in this new offering...
 
I actually just got accepted to the UVA program. I also got into UPenn's program. I love the idea of UVA because its a beautiful town and only 3.5 hours from my hometown...however, I am a little bit skeptical of it being the first year. I probably will go to Penn if it comes down to UVA or Penn just because Penn is older, more established, and has a 95% acceptance rate into med schools and several linkage programs. But UVA is a great school in itself, and I don't think it would be a bad option...that's why I applied! But I probably won't go...that's my 2 cents. Good luck!