UVA vs. Carle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SchoolHelp2018

Reaction score
Resolved. Thank you everyone for their help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Carle will be a successful school, and less debt will give you a lot of freedom in your professional life for research, entrepreneurship, or even just personal endeavors. Basically it boils down to how much is not having to set an alarm for class worth to you.

Thank you for your response. While Carle seems like the most supportive of any new school in a while, being the first class in a curriculum that is basically the first of its kind, not having home home residencies, and basically being unknown to residency directors seems like things that could possibly affect Step 1 and matching, especially if I find out I want to do a competitive specialty.

not really sure why you're posting this help me decide thread. Based off of this response it seems like you don't want to go there. I would choose UVA

I wouldn't pick a new school over an established one, especially one with a good reputation like UVA.

Reactions: 1 user