LightningMaximus11
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Would love any insight in making this decision before April 30th. Also on 6 WLs at T10/20 schools but unsure of my chances to get off one.
A little about me: I am in state at Iowa, interested in ENT and global health, and would like to match in the east/south. Fortunate to have parental support to help pay for med school, but will still need to take out some amount of loans if I choose UVA.
Iowa
Pros:
Pros:
A little about me: I am in state at Iowa, interested in ENT and global health, and would like to match in the east/south. Fortunate to have parental support to help pay for med school, but will still need to take out some amount of loans if I choose UVA.
Iowa
Pros:
- Full-tuition (40k/year) scholarship
- Closer to family
- Distinction track in global health
- Strong ENT department
- H/NH/P/F preclinical and clincal
- Iowa city is not the most exciting
- Harsh winters for someone who dislikes the cold
- Lower ranked
Pros:
- P/F preclinical and clinical
- Higher ranked; stronger match list
- Better weather
- More diverse student body
- Surrounded by nature/outdoor activities
- Flexible exam schedule, student culture seemed great
- 68k/year tuition (272k across 4 years); did not get any merit scholarship even after leveraging iowa scholarship
- Charlottesville is also small