Uva

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VAstudent07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from uva saying that they are not interested? I know that last year they sent out rejection letters around thanksgiving, but it doesn't seem like they've sent any out yet. I wish they would just send mine already.:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

there was a thread around here somewhere, and a few people said that they had gotten rejection letters already.

I'm in limbo myself, and it sucks. I'm getting nervous that I haven't heard anything at all. :(

Yup, I saw that a couple of people posted that they received rejections about a week or so ago, and I can't figure out why I haven't received mine yet. I was complete in the end of July, am OOS and haven't heard a thing since. Where's my....errrr....letter? It's really weird, but at this point it's like approaching a band aid. I just want to rip it off quickly and start to get some of these many rejection letters that are sure to come any day NOW.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools will never give us anything, ever. no letters, no emails, nada.

I've been complete there for ages too (MSTP) and have heard nothing, not even a "We're kicking you to the MD-only group" notice.

By ages, I'm referencing July/August as well.

since we're chatting about uva...

has anybody had any experience/luck with telling them you'll be in the area and would love to interview then?

I'm curious if they're receptive to that or not.

heh, "being in the area" of Charlottesville is not quite as convincing as being in NYC... UVA seems to be one of those schools that abhores any form of student contact - but I haven't pressed them on it, maybe they are receptive.

I'm OOS and have not heard anything since confirmation of my secondary app in early October.

i was complete late september, still have not heard anything!

If it helps any, I sent an update via email to the admissions office at UVA about a week ago, and lo and behold, the guy actually sent me a reply email back the very same day! Sure it was short and sweet, but hopefully it means that those of us who haven't heard a peep from Charlottesville since late summer/early fall are still in the running, so to speak. Keep your fingers crossed, guys and gals...

i just got a rejection in the mail late last week

If it helps any, I sent an update via email to the admissions office at UVA about a week ago, and lo and behold, the guy actually sent me a reply email back the very same day! Sure it was short and sweet, but hopefully it means that those of us who haven't heard a peep from Charlottesville since late summer/early fall are still in the running, so to speak. Keep your fingers crossed, guys and gals...

I called yesterday, mentioned that I'd been complete since the end of July, and asked what my status was. They said that no decision had been made. I asked if I had been reviewed yet, and they said yes, that I had been reviewed and put on pre-interview hold. Apparently they continue to review everyone on pre-interview hold. So, yeah, we're still "in the running." But I'm not holding my breath. :luck:

I called yesterday, mentioned that I'd been complete since the end of July, and asked what my status was. They said that no decision had been made. I asked if I had been reviewed yet, and they said yes, that I had been reviewed and put on pre-interview hold. Apparently they continue to review everyone on pre-interview hold. So, yeah, we're still "in the running." But I'm not holding my breath. :luck:

If it makes you feel any better I got a rejection letter sometime last week (I was the one who talked about getting a rejection in the previous uva thread)...so you're still in the running! Good luck!:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
If it makes you feel any better I got a rejection letter sometime last week (I was the one who talked about getting a rejection in the previous uva thread)...so you're still in the running! Good luck!:rolleyes:

I did actually say I was wondering if a rejection letter might have been lost in the mail, and I could actually hear the woman smiling (smirking?) as she told me that no letter had been sent that could have been lost in the mail.

Sorry you got the axe - I'm sure I'll be joining you in a couple of months!

Here's the way they like to do things:

They interview the stellar applicants first. If you haven't heard anything yet, that's not neccessarily bad...I am an early IS applicant, and Dr. Canterbury told me that it would be a while before I heard something because I'm not at the top of the food chain, so to speak.

Hope that helps calm the nerves.

Here's the way they like to do things:

They interview the stellar applicants first. If you haven't heard anything yet, that's not neccessarily bad...I am an early IS applicant, and Dr. Canterbury told me that it would be a while before I heard something because I'm not at the top of the food chain, so to speak.

Hope that helps calm the nerves.

how did you go about getting that info from Dr. Canterbury? email? phone?

ah, whatever, I'll just call them this week and bug them. they'll like that. :rolleyes:

I met with him last summer to review my application. I'm from Charlottesville and have met him a few times before. It's a long shot for me, but worth it since I'm from there.

He seemed optimistic regarding my chances...we'll see...

I met with him last summer to review my application. I'm from Charlottesville and have met him a few times before. It's a long shot for me, but worth it since I'm from there.

He seemed optimistic regarding my chances...we'll see...

stats? you can pm me.

it's not that I'm nosy, I'm looking for reassurance....

I'll post 'em...I'm not that secretive...

Nontrad (I am 29), 28R, Cum 3.3, BCPM 3.8

Haven't rejected me yet...knock on wood...

thanks, digitlnoize.

your post gives me hope that we're all still in the running. good stuff.

i guess they think that they can do things on their own sweet time because they think that in state virginians will pick uva over mcv or evms. kind of arrogant to string us all along like this.

i guess they think that they can do things on their own sweet time because they think that in state virginians will pick uva over mcv or evms. kind of arrogant to string us all along like this.

yeah...it does suck.

but there is some truth to it. if I get in, I'm going (unless I get a major scholarship somewhere else).

I read somewhere than they only have one person who grants interviews, so I imagine it takes a while for said person to get around to every file (and even longer so for those in the not-so-stellar pile).

I'm tempted to get one of my friends there to write me a letter or something. maybe I could get every med student I know there to sign a petition! :laugh:

They do hand review every application (unlike some other schools I could mention)...

If that means they take a little longer, then so be it. And of course they're going to invite everyone with a 38+ first...that's just how it works...and they get ALOT of those people who apply to UVA as a BACKUP...sigh.

Anyways, hope is hope.

Hey fellahs/ladies... I don't want to piss on anyone here but in the philosophy of more facts = better conclusions, I wanted to let you all know that UVA has a quick turnaround. I mean, ridiculous. They sent out the acceptance two days after my interview. I've read elsewhere that they're fairly quick about it, unlike for example VCU/MCV (whatever they are now). If it's been a couple months and you haven't heard anything then I'd guess that's not the best sign. ... sorry... :(

O, and as for that one woman's smarmy comment regarding letters getting lost, it's cause they send it "special". Can't remember if it was overnight or two day, but it definitely wasn't regular old first class.

Here's wishin' you good news... :oops:

StealthNerd

Hey fellahs/ladies... I don't want to piss on anyone here but in the philosophy of more facts = better conclusions, I wanted to let you all know that UVA has a quick turnaround. I mean, ridiculous. They sent out the acceptance two days after my interview. I've read elsewhere that they're fairly quick about it, unlike for example VCU/MCV (whatever they are now). If it's been a couple months and you haven't heard anything then I'd guess that's not the best sign. ... sorry... :(

O, and as for that one woman's smarmy comment regarding letters getting lost, it's cause they send it "special". Can't remember if it was overnight or two day, but it definitely wasn't regular old first class.

Here's wishin' you good news... :oops:

StealthNerd

I believe the folks in this thread are waiting for interviews, not waiting for a decision after interviews.

I just got an e-mail saying they were missing part of my application. It made me at least feel good that they care and didn't send me a big fat rejection.

The wait is killing me! An interview invite would be a grand Christmas present.

The wait is killing me! An interview invite would be a grand Christmas present.

no joke!

congrats on the VCU acceptance! I imagine that makes waiting for UVa a little less painful.

just to give people hope, i'm oos, i've been complete since july, and i just received an interview invite today...all hope is not lost yet!

no joke!

congrats on the VCU acceptance! I imagine that makes waiting for UVa a little less painful.

thanks beachblonde! you're right, the wait is a little more bearable, but i still get anxious when i check my mail everyday. sigh maybe tommorrow? (fingers crossed :luck:) Hope all is going well with your cycle!:D

FutureMD1517, I was wondering what your stats are if you don't mind sharing?