UVM "Smaller Pool" People

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ADeadLois

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just had a status change indicating I'm in a smaller pool to be considered for an interview at UVM. Anyone else get this recently? How long after this message have people been getting invites and/or rejection. I know there was a thread about this late summer, but I wanted to gauge about this from people who have received this message recently.

Members don't see this ad.

i think its a friendly prerejection

I don't remember the exact date i was put in the pool but it was probably about a month before i got the interview invitation, it defers a lot though, some poeple got theirs in a week or less, and on mdapplicants i know of one person that was rejected eventually.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that same message and got my interview invite a week later I think. This was back in late Sept. I think. Good luck.

I got that same message and got my interview invite a week later I think. This was back in late Sept. I think. Good luck.

ya me too. dont worry you still have hope.

My status changed too. Damn the English language and all its ambiguity..."may", "not guarantee".

Hey guys,

I just got the status change to a "smaller pool" at UVM. Has anyone received an interview recently from this pool? Are there any out-right rejections given out yet from UVM? Thanks for your advice.

Hey guys,

I just got the status change to a "smaller pool" at UVM. Has anyone received an interview recently from this pool? Are there any out-right rejections given out yet from UVM? Thanks for your advice.

I received this message and got an invite 4 days later on the 9th of November. Good luck:D

I received this message and got an invite 4 days later on the 9th of November. Good luck:D

How long after being complete did u get this message, and are you instate?

I submitted back in August, but I also took the August MCAT so I probably wasn't complete until the end of october-ish. I just saw the status change today.

I submitted back in August, but I also took the August MCAT so I probably wasn't complete until the end of october-ish. I just saw the status change today.

I was put on the small interview pool list 1 week after I got an interview. Hang in there, UVM interviews till April...

Dudes and Dudettes,
relax! I believe UVM puts everyone they don't reject outright in this pool before extending interview invites.

Dudes and Dudettes,
relax! I believe UVM puts everyone they don't reject outright in this pool before extending interview invites.

Yeah, I've been in the pool for about 3 months now.

also been in the smaller pool for about three months now:eek:

So I was wondering if UVM rejects anyone outright or is this "smaller pool" the hold list, and the other pool the rejects?

I was really hoping for an interview and I was told by a couple of med students I know there that my application has a lot of things that UVM looks for so I was pretty optimistic. I got the you're in a pool of applicants we might interview, but no 'smaller pool' update. I just wish I had a better idea where I stand.

So I was wondering if UVM rejects anyone outright or is this "smaller pool" the hold list, and the other pool the rejects?

I was really hoping for an interview and I was told by a couple of med students I know there that my application has a lot of things that UVM looks for so I was pretty optimistic. I got the you're in a pool of applicants we might interview, but no 'smaller pool' update. I just wish I had a better idea where I stand.

Wait....how many pools are there?

I got a status change to:
Your file is complete and has been preliminarily reviewed. You are within a pool of applicants from which an interview may be extended.

I thought this was the only pool.

Wait....how many pools are there?

I got a status change to:
Your file is complete and has been preliminarily reviewed. You are within a pool of applicants from which an interview may be extended.

I thought this was the only pool.

Yeah, that's the exact same status change that I received:

Your file is complete and has been preliminarily reviewed. You are within a pool of applicants from which an interview may be extended. Please note that this does not guarantee you will be offered an interview and you may not see an update to your status for several months.

Our interview season runs from September through April and you will be contacted via email if you have been selected to interview.

I'm not sure what a "smaller pool" is referring to. Is it the same as the above "pool", or is it a separate list? Hmmm. :confused:

I just got the same status update yesterday, too.

I think there's only one pool. I just checked the wall of shame, and UVM has already rejected a few SDNers outright. So my guess is that if you're in the pool, you just get an interview or are rejected later. No "smaller pool" that I can find.

I just got the same status update yesterday, too.

I think there's only one pool. I just checked the wall of shame, and UVM has already rejected a few SDNers outright. So my guess is that if you're in the pool, you just get an interview or are rejected later. No "smaller pool" that I can find.
the smaller pool is better....people have reported they are receiving interviews shortly after their status is changed from "the pool" to "the smaller pool".

If you guys are confused...just call, the people at their office are really nice.

How long after being complete did u get this message, and are you instate?

5 days at most and i am an international student.
Good luck to you:luck: :D :)

If i can offer some help. I had the same message a few months ago, i'm a resident and interviewed on 10/10. I don't think there are two messages and if there are i don't think its done intentionally. Pretty much everyone's status changes to that, then they either offer you an interview, or i guess they reject you. But like someone said...just call the office, everyone there is more than nice...it is Vermont...we're not mean people...i mean we did just get electricity last week, but other than that we're on top of things. Good luck everyone!! I can't wait to hear back.

the smaller pool is better....people have reported they are receiving interviews shortly after their status is changed from "the pool" to "the smaller pool".

If you guys are confused...just call, the people at their office are really nice.

I think there's only one pool. The "smaller pool" title is in reference to the status page update everyone here is referring to. I apologize if the thread title is misleading. Upon further review, I now realize it's not a smaller pool, just not an immediat rejection.