UW for COMLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanchik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps, i am taking step 2 in 2 weeks, right now using Q bank cause our school gives it to us for free, just wondering if it's worth it to buy UW if i am only taking COMLEX. or should i spend my extra time on worthless trivia? thanx.s

Members don't see this ad.

anyone? it seems that Q bank questions are more know it or not rather than thinking questions. seems more in line with comlex, no?

Sanchik said:
Hey peeps, i am taking step 2 in 2 weeks, right now using Q bank cause our school gives it to us for free, just wondering if it's worth it to buy UW if i am only taking COMLEX. or should i spend my extra time on worthless trivia? thanx.s

I just took step 2 a couple of weeks ago. i bought kaplan q bank (dumb move)...i had it for step 1 and loved it, but it is useless for step 2. Boardbusters book was really good for me...i did half the book, and wish I would have done the whole thing. I saw exact topic areas on comlex from that book...the questions are definitely more representative of what is on the test. The kaplan stuff is not....comlex questions are WAY more broad. I dont know anything about UW. sorry.

UW is overkill if you are just doing COMLEX. Do your (free) Kaplan Q's, read Boards and Wards or whatever review book du jour you decide on, and that should be sufficient.

I found it very helpful for USMLE, however.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx peeps! what is this boardbusters u speak of? i have never heard about it, is it a book or online?

Sanchik said:
thanx peeps! what is this boardbusters u speak of? i have never heard about it, is it a book or online?
big green book called boardbusters.