UW-La Crosse DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDPT96

SPT
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m applying to UW-La Crosse’s DPT program this cycle. They put an online interview in place for applicants this year. This is super unusual and I haven’t heard of any other program doing this. Has anyone done the interview that could give some insight on the format and what it is like?

Members don't see this ad.

I realize this post is a couple years old, but UW-Lacrosse still requires applicants to complete an online interview. Do you or others have any insight you could provide regarding details of the interview? Anything would be helpful!

Thanks!

Hi, I applied to UW-La Crosse a couple years ago and I was in the first application cycle that had the online interview so I am unsure if they have changed it since then. From what I can remember, you record yourself telling the admission committee a little bit about yourself. You can record and redo your "introduction" to get use to the format before the specific interview questions. You can not redo the interview questions though. When you are ready, a pre-recorded person will come on your screen and will ask you a question, then you have like a couple seconds to think of an answer before it starts recording and like ~30 seconds to explain your answer before it cuts you off, and then that process will repeat until all interview questions are completed. I prefer an in-person interview because you can have a conversation with the interviewer to ease your nerves and they are able to see more your personality than a pre-recorded person on your screen. In addition, in-person interviews allow you to say "Wow, that's a great question, let me think." after getting a hard question allowing you to think of a logical answer unlike this online interview platform since there are time restraints. Again, I am unsure if they have changed it, but that is what I experienced a couple years ago. Most of the questions from what I can remember were from left-field and with only having like ~10 seconds to think of an answer and ~30 seconds to explain it made it very stressful, but maybe they have eased up on the time restrictions and changed it since I took it!

Side note: I went to UW-La Crosse for my undergrad and absolutely loved it! :)

Hi, I applied to UW-La Crosse a couple years ago and I was in the first application cycle that had the online interview so I am unsure if they have changed it since then. From what I can remember, you record yourself telling the admission committee a little bit about yourself. You can record and redo your "introduction" to get use to the format before the specific interview questions. You can not redo the interview questions though. When you are ready, a pre-recorded person will come on your screen and will ask you a question, then you have like a couple seconds to think of an answer before it starts recording and like ~30 seconds to explain your answer before it cuts you off, and then that process will repeat until all interview questions are completed. I prefer an in-person interview because you can have a conversation with the interviewer to ease your nerves and they are able to see more your personality than a pre-recorded person on your screen. In addition, in-person interviews allow you to say "Wow, that's a great question, let me think." after getting a hard question allowing you to think of a logical answer unlike this online interview platform since there are time restraints. Again, I am unsure if they have changed it, but that is what I experienced a couple years ago. Most of the questions from what I can remember were from left-field and with only having like ~10 seconds to think of an answer and ~30 seconds to explain it made it very stressful, but maybe they have eased up on the time restrictions and changed it since I took it!

Side note: I went to UW-La Crosse for my undergrad and absolutely loved it! :)
I just did their online interview and can confirm that this is still the case. You get 10 seconds to think of your answer, then 30 seconds to 1 minute to explain your answer.