UW-Madison?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyd83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking around on here and don't see too much about the University of Wisconisn-Madison's pharmacy school. I'm a Wisconsin resident and I know that the program is supposed to be pretty hard to get into. Anyone know anything about it first hand?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was there for my interview, I noticed that the facilities are very nice - a little sterile like an office building, though. On the bright side, there was a bridge that linked the hospital to the pharmacy school - a perk that I would have really enjoyed if I decided to enroll. The students seemed pretty happy there.

Thanx guys...I know about Concordia...I was excited about it because it's right here in Milwaukee. I just think about the difference in tuition. Seems like it will be double or tripple the cost of UW-Madison!! At least it will be an option...I hope they get a Dean soon so they can have some info finalized. I've been in contact with the Director of diversity at Madison...Amber Ault, she's really nice. I'm just soooo anxious and want to do whatever needs to be done because we're giving up a lot to persue this...

EvilOlive...did you get into Madison but then decide to go to Michigan? What was the interview process like? Do you mind sharing ur stats? open/private?

I applied for Fall 08 there as an undergraduate at Madison. I interviewed in January and this was before I had even taken the PCAT so I guess my status as a student there helped. The interview was 2 on 1 but it was pretty relaxed. The building is nice and new but is far away from the rest of the campus buildings. The UW is pretty spread out.

I work at the hospital and there are quite a few pharmacy students also employed. They seem to enjoy it but say it's quite difficult. A lot of the Pharmacists I work with claim they wouldn't have gotten in if they were applying these days. I've heard that most students have 4.0s or high 3.s.

Thanks...good luck to you!! Keep me posted on the results of that interview.

I had my interview at UW-Madison and will be the first to say that their facilities are amazing! Great building and great city. The one thing, however, that has always turned my back on Madison is their attitude. They think they are better than everyone and really are stuck up. Hopefully I am wrong and could experience it myself!

Did everyone get the email saying that we would know something by the end of the month? Anyone been accepted yet?

I too got that message and they finally updated my application status saying they received my January PCAT score. We'll probably get our letters at the end of the month. I think they send them out all at once rather than gradually.

You get a happy letter in the mail about a month after the interviews or so. I *think* mine was even hand signed :)

Did everyone get the email saying that we would know something by the end of the month? Anyone been accepted yet?

yup - got the email too.

This could be the week!

I figure they'll send them out before spring break or after it.

Oh, the agony of waiting to be rejected or waitlisted.

I had my interview at UW-Madison and will be the first to say that their facilities are amazing! Great building and great city. The one thing, however, that has always turned my back on Madison is their attitude. They think they are better than everyone and really are stuck up. Hopefully I am wrong and could experience it myself!

sad.

Last edited: