UW overkill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking step 2 tommorrow. I have pounded out UW almost twice now. The first time through I got 62% doing nothing but 30 question blocks over specific sections all in tutor mode. (no I did not cheat). I really focused on understanding the question and the reasoning behind the answers in the explainations. After finishing last week I have been doing missed questions, weak areas, and random sets. My last three sets of random 46 question timed tests I got 86, 91, and 97%. The ones just before that were in the 80's. Does this mean I'm going to rock the test or am I just remembering the questions? Should I just quit studying. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking step 2 tommorrow. I have pounded out UW almost twice now. The first time through I got 62% doing nothing but 30 question blocks over specific sections all in tutor mode. (no I did not cheat). I really focused on understanding the question and the reasoning behind the answers in the explainations. After finishing last week I have been doing missed questions, weak areas, and random sets. My last three sets of random 46 question timed tests I got 86, 91, and 97%. The ones just before that were in the 80's. Does this mean I'm going to rock the test or am I just remembering the questions? Should I just quit studying. :thumbup:

Don't go into the test based on your UW score. Since you have done them twice, I don't think it's an accurate measure of how you will do on the real thing (although a 62% first time through is a very good score). I would take an NBME test to see where you really stand. Good luck tomorrow. :thumbup:

since you did the first run through on subject specific blocks, (not random subjects) the 62% doesnt mean alot. its really only valid for unseen random q's timed on all different subjects. and even then it varies greatly, you see 57%'s get a 240 and 62% (for example) get 190's.
do yourself a huge favor and take the nbme, start with form 2. good luck!

idiots. that's what you tell someone the night before a usmle?

you'll do fine dude. just don't get nervous, and make sure you use your hour of free time wisely. in 24 hours you will be done with step 2 forever. congratz.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah thats pretty harsh lol... we are all idiots at times sadly.
oh well :)
anyway, i hope the op does great tomorrow.
note: he closed with "should i just quit studying?"
which made me forget the fact his step2 was tomorrow.
arthro, you will have to forgive us. we are sadly, only human.
good luck to the op :)

Just finished step 2 a few hours ago. What a weight lifted off my shoulders. I did take the NBME 1 test a week ago that predicted 233. That was fresh after completing UW. I used that to identify my weaknesses. There was no way I would take a NBME the day before :eek: I'm so glad it's over now I can agonize over my results and getting more interviews.:thumbup:

Just finished step 2 a few hours ago. What a weight lifted off my shoulders. I did take the NBME 1 test a week ago that predicted 233. That was fresh after completing UW. I used that to identify my weaknesses. There was no way I would take a NBME the day before :eek: I'm so glad it's over now I can agonize over my results and getting more interviews.:thumbup:

233 is an excellent NBME score. I'm sure you killed it. Congrats on being done!

Tutor mode by subject and UW overkill definitely worked out for me. I got my score back today.

This is a huge improvement from step 1 228