UW Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ski789

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else applied to Wisconsin schools this cycle? I was accepted to UWLC and was hoping to get more info on it from current or past students! I also applied to Milwaukee and Madison!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else applied to Wisconsin schools this cycle? I was accepted to UWLC and was hoping to get more info on it from current or past students! I also applied to Milwaukee and Madison!
Hey! I am applying to those three as well! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Hey! I am applying to those three as well! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Hi! I also applied to Minnesota and got accepted there too! I had about a 3.6 gpa and my GRE was 161 verbal, 160 quant and 4.5 writing. I think my stats are pretty average. I will say what I think got me into most programs was that I have 2 gaps years working in clinical research so I have 5+ publications.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a first year at UW-La Crosse! You can DM me with any questions you might have about the program! And congrats on getting in!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! I just got denied from UW - Madison and I am pretty crushed as it was my number one school by far. If anyone got in or didn't would you mind sharing your stats, extra curriculars, etc, so that I can get a understanding of what they look for. Thanks, here is my stats. I am a nontraditional applicant that had a bad sophomore year academically which brought me down to a 2.7 GPA, but turned it around ever since while taking all my prerequisites in my post bac.

University: UW- La Crosse
Major: Political Science/public administration
Overall GPA: 3.44
Post bac GPA: 3.9
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 150V 147Q 3.5W

Extra-Curric: Black Student Unity club, 4x deans list, track and field team 3 years with multiple awards/3x national champion, CPR certified.

Work: Physical therapy aide/receptionist, Speed/strength/agility coach for local high school sports team, Running shoe store sales associate, summer camp counselor.

Observation hours: SNF: 116 hours, home health peds: 25 hours, inpatient acute/neruo: 30 hours, wellness pt clinic: 4 hours, animal/canine PT clinic: 16 hours, schools: 25 hours, outpatient ortho: 1,150 hours.

Volunteer: Habitat for Humanity, ERAS senior network helping elderly with yard clean up, volunteering reception/screening at a free clinic, special olympics volunteer at track and swim meet, La Crosse community garden, Milwaukee community garden, helped exercise science professor briefly with research on student athletes.