UW Secondary Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EdwardKim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have just started working on UW secondary, and it asks for three letters: from a dentist, a science instructor, and a character reference.

What exactly do they mean by character reference? I have multiple science professors' LoRs that talk about my character, so would it be okay if I used one of my science professor's LoR as character reference?

Also, do they want the letters to be dossiered/sent to them again even though I have them through AADSAS?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys can shed some light.

Have a nice day.

Members don't see this ad.

yo eddie r u washington resident? or oos?

Character reference usually means someone you worked for/with, volunteered for/with, and etc. Science professors' LoRs usually do not count; however, if you might be able to use them if you don't have any other options. As for sending them, UW will get them through AADSAS. If you have a LoR that is not in the AADSAS database, you can send it with your secondary.

Good luck to both of you! UW is a great dental school.

Hello,

I have just started working on UW secondary, and it asks for three letters: from a dentist, a science instructor, and a character reference.

What exactly do they mean by character reference? I have multiple science professors' LoRs that talk about my character, so would it be okay if I used one of my science professor's LoR as character reference?

Also, do they want the letters to be dossiered/sent to them again even though I have them through AADSAS?

Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys can shed some light.

Have a nice day.