Uw?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pampam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if UW is still giving out interviews or if they are pretty much done? has anyone contacted them recently about this. I know they have filled half of the class already.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview invite on Friday. They're still doing interviews.

Does anyone know if UW is still giving out interviews or if they are pretty much done? has anyone contacted them recently about this. I know they have filled half of the class already.

If you live near the UW, it would not hurt to stop you by Kathy's office and ask her about the status of your application.

Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? I've been wanting to do that (i've already interviewed though) because I've been so anxious from waiting but I thought they didn't want applicants to ask about the status of their app since "they'll contact us". I didn't want to be a nuisance or anything.

Really? I've been wanting to do that (i've already interviewed though) because I've been so anxious from waiting but I thought they didn't want applicants to ask about the status of their app since "they'll contact us". I didn't want to be a nuisance or anything.

They are two different situations. I was only suggesting that pampam talk to Kathy to see whether her application is complete. I don't think that Kathy will talk to anyone about the result of the interview since the interview is considered private.

UW interviews through the middle-end of February and then usually makes all their decisions by mid-March

Thank you guys for the replies. I have emailed them. UW is my number once choice, and I guess I'm still optimistic in hearing back from them.

I got an interview invite on Friday. They're still doing interviews.

Did you have any status updates on Aadsas before that? and when did u submit ur secondary?

Thank you guys for the replies. I have emailed them. UW is my number once choice, and I guess I'm still optimistic in hearing back from them.

Did you have any status updates on Aadsas before that? and when did u submit ur secondary?

No, I didn't have any status updates before the email. I got my secondary late; I turned it in November.

When is your interview ehemingwa?

I had an interview on Jan. 25. They called me today to offer me a spot. It's surreal.

I wish you the best of luck. Waiting is so hard. They told us on Monday that there were two more groups of interviews and at that point, a third of the class wasn't yet filled.

So, in other words, there's 21 spots left? Omg. I've been waiting for 3 months. ... At least, there's still a shred of hope. <sigh> crossing my fingers...

Last edited:
So, in other words, there's 21 spots left? Omg. I've been waiting for 3 months. ... At least, there's still a shred of hope. <sigh> crossing my fingers...

Hang in there. I wish you luck.

I had an interview on Jan. 25. They called me today to offer me a spot. It's surreal.

I wish you the best of luck. Waiting is so hard. They told us on Monday that there were two more groups of interviews and at that point, a third of the class wasn't yet filled.

Do you know if they call back every Thursday? Or Thursday every other week?

From what I can tell from the UW Class of 2014 thread, people have been getting calls on Friday except for yesterday, when it was a Thursday. But that's based just on SDN.

The adcom usually meets on Thursday and makes their decision then. Kathy will then call the accepted candidates on Friday.

I was called on Thursday, but I think they call most of the students on Fridays.

Probably changes each week.

oh my goodness i'm so anxious! i'm a (very) late submitter and got an invite last week. so nervous!! hope i'm lucky as some of you :)

Did anyone get a call today? I stared at my phone all day..but no call from Kathy!