UWorld 2nd time or Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smith283

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think it's worth doing Uworld a second time? I already have the Kaplan Qbank but I haven't started it yet. I have 4.5 weeks left, but I've heard that Kaplan asked too many random details. I was also thinking about getting USMLE Rx because it seems like it would help memorize First Aid perfectly

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think it's worth doing Uworld a second time? I already have the Kaplan Qbank but I haven't started it yet. I have 4.5 weeks left, but I've heard that Kaplan asked too many random details. I was also thinking about getting USMLE Rx because it seems like it would help memorize First Aid perfectly

I bought the Kaplan Qbank for extra practice but I'm 4 days away from the real exam and never got around to complete it. I'm doing my second pass through uworld hammering through 8-10 blocks per day and I'm still having the same trouble with some of the questions which were stumping me the first round. I would recommend briefly cruising through a second time just to refresh your memory because there were some oddities that didn't stick i.e. phenytoin and lymphadenopathy, TCA and Na channel block.

I wasn't a fan of the Kaplan qbank, mainly because I'd run into numerous technical problems with questions not loading, and the weirdly calibrated highlighting. I did feel some of the questions were good extra practice, especially if you filter it down to "high-yield" and "harder" questions.

Haven't tried USMLE Rx but try not to overstretch yourself with too many resources. But hey, if you have plenty of time, I guess it couldn't hurt to do more.