Uworld and Combank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bagger123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I plan on taking only COMLEX but was planning to try and get through both Qbanks, but I wanted to do one random, timed, and the other as more of a subject based one to solidify info as I finish each section of First Aid.

What I was planning to do was to go over subjects ive covered in FA in the mornings and do Subject based questions pertaining to that specific subject. And then at nighttime, after studying during the day, I was planning to do a random, timed block and go over it.

Which qbank would you suggest doing random, timed and which would you suggest doing subject based.
thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,
I plan on taking only COMLEX but was planning to try and get through both Qbanks, but I wanted to do one random, timed, and the other as more of a subject based one to solidify info as I finish each section of First Aid.

What I was planning to do was to go over subjects ive covered in FA in the mornings and do Subject based questions pertaining to that specific subject. And then at nighttime, after studying during the day, I was planning to do a random, timed block and go over it.

Which qbank would you suggest doing random, timed and which would you suggest doing subject based.
thanks for your help

I would suggest using Uworld for subject based learning and Combank in random, timed, 50 question sets.

That is what I am planning on doing, actually, although currently im doing 20 random Uworld and then 50 random Combank. I would do more Uworld but it takes too much time to go over them and takes away from my study time. When are you taking your COMLEX?

Thanks for the advice.
Im taking mine of the 22nd of June....Ive been studying using DIT from 2011 for the past week, but I cant go at the speed they go at, so I can only do 2 lectures a day max. But I had been doing the same thing as you, doing around 25 Uworld random and then 50 random combank, but felt like I would have liked doing one qbank on a subject based format, so I could see all the different ways of asking about a question.

Thanks for the advice.
Im taking mine of the 22nd of June....Ive been studying using DIT from 2011 for the past week, but I cant go at the speed they go at, so I can only do 2 lectures a day max. But I had been doing the same thing as you, doing around 25 Uworld random and then 50 random combank, but felt like I would have liked doing one qbank on a subject based format, so I could see all the different ways of asking about a question.

Taking it on the 22nd as well. I just took a COMSAE yesterday and I found the questions to be very similar in style to Combank, but I've only done 60 questions of Combank so far and finished just over 50% of Uworld so it basically solidified that I needed to do Combank more to get use to the style of the question but I would say Uworld is definetly the better learning tool for understanding purposes so that's why I am using it to learn. Also, I've solidified my sources to just FA, Combank, Uworld and Lange's Pharm cards, and sometimes BRS physio in addition to Saverese and a little bit of Goljan Audio here and there. I tried adding Pathoma but it just takes up too much time, are you using any adjunct Path source?

Yes, Im most using FA + the Combank/Uworld Qbanks and also Pathoma. I agree it takes a long time to get through it, but I feel like once I have gone through it, I know the material well, and it only takes a short time to go over it a second time. I tried Goljan Rapid Review, but didnt like the amount of detail in the book, but the Goljan Audio was pretty good.
I heard that micro is huge on the COMLEX so, I will probably supplement FA with Microcards after I get through DIT once.