UWorld client wouldn't open anymore after update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jusmle

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would have to say that, the UW client program is the worst ever,considering hundreds $$ we paid for the questions.

here is my thing. my laptop is on Windows Vista system and Chrome browser for years and i have been running the UW clients quite smoothly for couple months since purchase until yesterday. i double click the icon on the desk as usual, put in email and password, but this time it said the current version of software is expired, i need to login my account to download a new one. then i spend 30 minutes to get the newest Java and download the client from my account and installed it...thing was fine so far. but after finishing installing, i double clicked the new icon...waited for a few seconds, a big window,blue background pop out showing UWORLD USMLE...after that window disappeared...nothing happened...restarted computer. nothing happened.

any tips for this tech prblem! please help@

Members don't see this ad.

Same thing happens on my iMac, I just keep clicking the icon until it works. Usually takes a good 10 minutes to get UWorld started.

why can't the company just make the program simpler and user-friendly? it's really a pain to use the Java-based program (not the questions )

why can't the company just make the program simpler and user-friendly? it's really a pain to use the Java-based program (not the questions )
I was complaining to them regarding ccs desktop client which isn't available anymore. I hate that website crap. As far as desktop client for the question bank is concerned, you just have to download it from the website.

Sign on to their site then go to help > technical > windows or mac > download client for appropriate operating system.